The Top 7 Niacin Supplements Reviewed
Niacin is vitamin B3, an extremely important water-soluble vitamin with a major role in your life. From brain to heart, and cholesterol, you need this vitamin in your diet but might not be getting enough in your diet. Enter niacin supplements to help you improve your health and repair problems.
If you aren’t eating enough niacin rich foods, you really need to consider adding this supplement to your repertoire. Niacin shows up naturally in meats, peanuts, avocado, brown rice, whole wheat, mushrooms, potatoes, and peas. Vegetarians and vegans may be in short supply of niacin as may those who don’t eat a nutritious diet full of veggies.
Find the best niacin supplements right here to get on a healthy plan and start improving your life. We did all the hours of exhaustive research to help you make the best decision possible. Stay on after to read some important information about niacin and even get some answers to your questions.
If you are in a hurry, our pick for the best niacin supplement is Niacinmax.
The Best Niacin Supplements
1. NiacinMaxThe best niacin supplement on the market is NiacinMax because its ready to reduce mental and physical fatigue, increase your focus in the gym, and support oxygen flow to your muscles. If you are looking to improve your health and your time spent working out, you need this supplement to unleash your true potential.
What’s truly fascinating about this supplement is it’s a spray – no swallowing pills! The fast-acting spray comes infused with liposomal encapsulation technology to give you 15 mg of pure niacin right into your bloodstream. What does this mean for you? It means more bioavailability for better absorption and effectiveness. While other supplements may never reach your bloodstream because of acids in your stomach, this one will go exactly where you need it to go as it never even enters your digestive system.
If you tend to flush (pink cheeks) with niacin supplements, you will with this one as well, but it’s mild, just enough to know it’s working. No side effects either, you just get a pleasant peppermint taste and a vitamin that absorbs in minutes. Mind you to deliver the medicine you get, not just niacin but a few inactive ingredients too like aqua, sorbitol, xylitol, xanthan gum, citric acid, potassium sorbate, and peppermint essential oil.
Finally, you can try NiacinMax risk-free for 67 days! If you don’t love it, you get all of your money back. Take three sprays of niacin once a day into your mouth and wait a few seconds for it to dissolve. It’s best to take it in the morning on an empty stomach, and you can take a second dose a few hours before bed. Use this option for the absolute best absorption to improve your health.
Do you prefer powder supplements you can add to a smoothie? Try the Bulksupplements Niacin (Vitamin B3) Powder for straight niacin ready to help your body function better. The supplement can help to support your cardiovascular system along with the heart and contribute to better metabolism. Moreover, niacin can help to support your brain, nerve, skin, pancreas, and more.
What’s absolutely wonderful about Bulk Supplements is they don’t use any fillers. You also don’t get sugar, soy, yeast, gluten, or additives. Instead, you just get 500 mg of niacin in a serving size. Each bag contains 3.53 ounces or 100 grams, which equates to 200 servings! Furthermore, you get full control of how much of the supplement you consume if you don’t want a full serving of 2500 percent of the necessary daily value.
Lastly, you can enjoy lab tested and verified purity with this brand. They use an FDA and GMP facility to make sure you get the highest quality. You can mix the powder into a smoothie, juice, water, or milk. If you prefer, you can even make your own capsules with this pure product and start increasing this necessary vitamin in your diet. Also, if you are looking for a treatment for cholesterol, definitely give this a try as it’s 100 percent nicotinic acid making it perfect for fighting cholesterol.
- Bone support*
- Contributes to healthy skin*
- Promotes healthy hair*
- Helps with maintaining healthy respiratory function*
Are you looking for a flush-free form of niacin? Then you need the Best Naturals Flush-Free Niacin capsules. They are ready to help support your cardiovascular system, boost metabolism, and improve your nerve and digestive systems. All this, and you don’t have to worry about turning a lovely shade of red or tingling as this formula is made specifically to avoid symptoms.
As for ingredients, you get niacin and inositol in the form of inositol hexanicotinate in 2,500 percent of the amount needed daily to help you absorb the amount you need once the pills hit your stomach. Inactive ingredients include gelatin, silica, and vegetable magnesium stearate. What you don’t get is artificial color, flavor, sweetener, preservatives, sugar, starch, gluten, soy, corn, eggs fish, yeast, or any other additives!
Instead, you get a niacin supplement made right here in America in GMP facility with third-party testing for purity, potency, and freshness. Take one to two capsules a day with a meal or as directed by your doctor. Best naturals also suggest taking their pills with B-100 and D-Ribose for the most effective method of taking niacin if you want the best absorption. Finally, the bottle contains 180 capsules to last for half a year, saving you tons of money!
- Cardiovascular support
- promotes energy metabolism
- Supports healthy nervous system
- Supports healthy digestive system
- Made in USA
Save a little money with the NOW Supplements Niacin. Not only does this brand offer quality and tons of supplements but receive high ratings across the board for the vast majority of their products. With this option, you get a double strength dosage and a flush-free formula ready to help you fight cholesterol and high blood pressure.
The flush-free niacin includes inositol hexanicotinate, which is a form of niacin with six molecules of niacin joined into a single molecule. Moreover, the formula gradually releases niacin and inositol (vitamin B8) for true niacin activity without the flush on your face or body. Each serving includes over three thousand percent of the daily amount needed to ensure you still get what you need even if your stomach burns through some.
Also, the only inactive ingredients include the capsules, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, rice flour, and silica all from vegetable sources when possible. You don’t get gluten, soy, milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, or tree nuts. Instead, you get a product from a GMP facility ready to provide you a quality supplement. Lastly, a single bottle contains a three month supply, and you should take a single pill once a day with food.
- DOUBLE STRENGTH 500 mg VEGGIE CAPSULES/FLUSH-FREE: Flush-free niacin contains inositol hexanicotinate, a form of niacin that consists of six molecules of niacin linked to a single inositol molecule. It is slowly broken down in the body to yield free niacin and inositol. This gradual release of niacin allows for true niacin activity without the characteristic niacin flush that many people cannot tolerate.
- NUTRITIONAL HEALTH: Niacin (vitamin B-3) is an essential B-Complex vitamin.
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
- CERTIFICATIONS/CLASSIFICATIONS: Vegan/Vegetarian, Made without Gluten, Non-GMO
Another fabulous option for this particular supplement is the Endur-acin – 500mg Extended-Release Flush-Free Niacin. Not only do you get three sizes to pick from but also a high-quality and highly-rated supplement ready to improve your life. However, the best benefit is the pills offer an extended-release to work over 6 to 8 hours for optimal absorption and effectiveness.
First, though, pick your favorite size as in the daily value percentage. Would you like 250 mg, 500 mg, or 750 mg? Take your pick and get exactly what you want from your supplement. As for the 500 mg, you get over 3000 percent of the niacin you need daily in the form of nicotinic acid for a potent supplement. The inactive ingredients include wax, stearic acid, and magnesium stearate from vegetable sources along with silica. You don’t get salt, sugar, starch, or other unnecessary ingredients or allergens.
Take one tablet with food daily and enjoy an almost seven month supply. They are a great choice for people who can’t have dairy, gluten, soy, or animal products. Start benefiting from an extra boost in heart health, brain and nerve function, DNA replication, and repair, along with lower cholesterol. They are manufactured in a GMP compliant facility for high quality.
- FLUSH-FREE NIACIN: Each Endur-Acin tablet contains 500mg 6-8 hour extended release niacin as nicotinic acid (vitamin B-3).
- HEART HEALTH AND CHOLESTEROL BALANCE: Backed by clinical research and may help maintain healthy cholesterol levels within the normal range.*
- 6-8 HOUR EXTENDED RELEASE: Our extended-release tablet technology melts at stomach temperature to steadily release over 6 - 8 hours to promote optimal absorption for maximum effectiveness.*
- FREE OF COMMON ALLERGENS: No milk, egg, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, corn, yeast, or soy. Gluten-free. No salt, sugar, starch, artificial flavorings, or preservatives. Vegan/Vegetarian.
- MANUFACTURED & PACKAGED IN THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST: Family owned and operated since 1978 in a GMP compliant and FDA registered facility.
Get a supplement ready to provide cholesterol support and maintain triglyceride levels with the Natural Nutra No Flush Niacin. The no-flush formula will help you to feel the benefits without displaying them on your body! Even better, the capsules come in a BPA-free, fully recyclable glass bottle to promote the best purity possible for you and the environment.
The pills contain 400 mg of niacin from inositol hexanicotinate and 110 mg of inositol for the best supplement possible. A few inactive ingredients include the capsules, cellulose, vegetable magnesium stearate, and silica. No allergens or unnecessary ingredients. The pills are perfect for vegans, vegetarians, and those on a gluten or soy-free diet to help you with cholesterol, brain, skin, and even diabetes.
Finally, the pills come from a GMP certified facility in America that’s also FDA and DEA inspected. The supplement metabolizes over a 10 hour period to reduce flushing. Also, take one pill once a day with a meal up to four times, depending on what your doctor recommends. Start improving your health now!
- PROMOTES HEALTHY CHOLESTEROL AND TRIGLYCERIDE LEVELS – Improve your cardiovascular health with our pure and natural, vegan, vegetarian and gluten free non-flushing Niacin (Vitamin B3) capsules. In addition to improved cholesterol and triglyceride levels, niacin helps with brain function, healthy skin formation and maintenance of diabetes.
- WHAT MAKES OUR NO FLUSH NIACIN INOSITOL HEXANICOTINATE UNIQUE – Containing more Niacin (Vitamin B3) than traditional 500mg supplements, our 525mg flush free Niacin capsules contain the same amount of inositol hexanicotinate used in clinical studies when taken as directed, and our unique time release formula slowly releases niacin into your system over a 10 hour period.
- GUARANTEED PURITY IN BPA-FREE, FULLY RECYCLABLE GLASS BOTTLES – Cheap plastic bottles are harmful to the environment and your health. We seal your supplements in environmentally-friendly amber glass bottles with heat-sealed sleeves and best by dates to ensure the safest and purest product available. Unlike some other supplement manufacturers, our bottles are BPA-free and fully recyclable. Each bottle contains 100 capsules that are easy-to-swallow, Gluten Free, Vegan and Vegetarian.
- WHY CHOOSE NATURAL NUTRA AS YOUR VITAMIN SOURCE – Our supplements are manufactured in a USA based, GMP Certified, Diamond Awarded and Eco-Friendly manufacturing facility routinely inspected by the Federal Drug Administration and registered with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.
- BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE – When you purchase from Natural Nutra you’re not just buying a premium product, you’re igniting change. As supporters of social responsibility and environmental sustainability, we donate a portion of proceeds towards employing villagers to plant trees in heavily deforested regions around the world. Together we can make the world a better place for you and future generations.
You still have another option for consuming extra niacin if you don’t want spray, powder, or pills. The Liquid Vitamin B3 Drops Liquid Niacin Drops aren’t as highly-rated, but a perfect option for those who find the other options don’t work with their body or tastes. Not everyone wants to load supplements into a smoothie or swallow multiple pills, but taking a few drops under the tongue (sublingually) doesn’t sound so bad at all and no flush either!
Help support healthy cholesterol levels in your body while also improving your immune system, circulation, metabolism, and so much more. All this from an alcohol-free and cold-pressed supplement with natural ingredients. The ingredients include 80 mg of niacin as niacinamide for 500 percent of your daily value. Glycerin and water are the only inactive ingredients in the formula to help you swallow the niacin.
The once ounce bottle contains 36 servings, and you should take a single dropper wit ha meal per day. As with all bottles, make sure to shack well to reduce settling. Even better, the formula is free of fillers, gluten, soy, eggs, milk, and artificial preservatives. However, this ranks lower on the list because the niacin comes from niacinamide instead of inositol hexanicotinate, which may not work for all issues the same way. Check with your doctor if using for cholesterol.
- HELPS SUPPORT HEALTHY CHOLESTEROL LEVELS -As a dietary supplement, Vitamin B3 supports your circulation, immune system, metabolism and more.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS - Made with pure niacin, natural vegetable glycerin and water
- ALCOHOL-FREE AND COLD-PRESSED to protect compounds that can be destroyed by heat and alcohol.
- MANUFACTURED IN THE USA - Herb-Science products are manufactured in the USA. No fillers, gluten, soy, milk, egg and no artificial preservatives
- AMOUNT PER SERVING - 1 dropper (0.8mL) has 80 mg NE of Niacin
Buying Guide for Niacin Supplements
Now that you have seen the best niacin supplements available on the market, you need to know what to look for in a niacin supplement. Take a look at the ingredients, benefits, side effects, and then let us answer a few questions you may have about niacin.
Above you saw four active ingredients. Let’s take a look at each so you can make an educated decision about which is best for you based on the benefits of each type.
Nicotinic Acid is the first form of vitamin B3 and is found in plant-based foods. This is the form you want if you are trying to fight cholesterol or heart disease. The acid helps to convert food into energy. If you are deficient, you may experience memory loss, fatigue, depression, headache, diarrhea, or skin problems. Lastly, it can help with type 1 diabetes, brain function, skin function, reduce arthritis symptoms, and treat pellagra.
Niacinamide is one of the two forms of vitamin B3 and is one of the eight B vitamins you need for good health. It plays a critical role in converting food into usable energy. This form is water-soluble, and your body doesn’t store this vitamin, so you need to eat it daily. Niacinamide is found in animal-based foods. Finally, it can help with skin, cancer, kidney disease, and type 1 diabetes, and it is the least likely to cause flushing but doesn’t fight cholesterol.
Inositol Hexanicotinate is a form of nicotinic acid made of six molecules of nicotinic acid with inositol in the center for structure. Think of it as a super nicotinic acid, and it’s necessary for cellular metabolism.
Inositol is vitamin B8, and it can be found in foods like fruits, beans, grains, and nuts. Your body can even make inositol from the carbs in your diet. Even though it’s called a vitamin, its actually a type of sugar with many important functions like influencing insulin and acting as a messenger in your brain. It’s useful for mental health like panic disorders, depression, and bipolar disorder. Many use it for polycystic ovary syndrome. Last of all, it can be used to improve insulin sensitivity in diabetes, fight cancer, and a whole host of other problems meaning you want inositol in your diet!
While the most common side effect of niacin is flushing, you can also experience other symptoms as well but only from excessive amounts of supplements. Yet most niacin supplements come in massive doses at least in pill form to ensure some absorption once the pills hit your stomach and need to fight acid. Some symptoms include nausea, skin rash, headache, dizziness, heart problems, increased blood sugar, gallbladder issues, gout, low blood sugar, and ulcers. Speak to your doctor before continuing if you experience any of these symptoms.
Questions About Niacin Supplements
Which form of niacin is best for cholesterol?
You will want to take nicotinic acid to combat cholesterol or inositol hexanicotinate. However, always speak to your doctor to take for cholesterol or to control any other medical disorders as they can best monitor for medicinal interactions and other health concerns. Adults only need about 14 to 16 mg of niacin a day, talk to your doctor before more than this dosage as well if you have any health concerns.
Can niacin help with weight loss?
Niacin can help increase your energy levels and metabolism but does not directly cause weight loss. Although, some have found that extra niacin can act as an appetite stimulant because your body doesn’t store niacin. You need to make sure you avoid eating an unhealthy diet when taking niacin, as it may be even harder to say no to one more chip!
What foods provide niacin?
You can get niacin from both meats and plants but in different forms. Make sure to eat a mixture of both to gain both types and get the most benefit. Some animal-based foods high in natural niacin are chicken, liver, tuna turkey, sardines, and grass-fed beef. Plant forms of niacin include sunflower seeds, peanuts, green peas, mushroom, avocados, asparagus, sweet potatoes, and rice.
If you still cannot decide which niacin supplement to take we strongly suggest NiacinMax because it’s an easy to take spray that goes straight into your bloodstream. Take this formula if you want to control cholesterol and get better energy for your workouts. Everyone needs niacin, and this is the best delivery method to gain the full benefits of this supplement your body doesn’t store. Take control of your health with this necessity and start feeling better now!
For more information about the different types of Niacin, watch this short video by Dr. Lyle: