The Top 7 Green Tea Extracts Reviewed
Green tea comes in many, including sencha, matcha, tencha, and several others, all with an amazing health profile. Sencha is the most commonly consumed tea with matcha as a close second. But what you really want to know is what can green tea do for you?
The answer might overwhelm you! Regularly drinking green tea can reduce your risk of developing heart disease, Alzheimer’s, improve bone density, fight eye disease, prevent strokes, and even help you live a longer life! Seriously, the benefits are astounding and studied better with a proven track record than almost any other supplement. Also, those looking to shed a few pounds can benefit from one of the healthiest drinks on the planet.
If you want the benefits but can’t stand the taste of tea or simply prefer supplements, we are here to help! We found the seven best options after exhaustive research to save you both time and money. After you check out our favorite options, read about the health benefits and the risks of green tea too to find out if its the right fit for your health.
The Best Green Tea Extracts
Matcha is potent, concentrated green tea, and with the Matcha Pills by Ayo Supplement, you get a ceremonial grade organic Japanese tea extract. Even better, the supplement comes with vitamin B12 to offer an extra dose of energy. Moreover, the combo together can increase heart health, prevent cancer, improve mood, and prevent memory loss.
The tea comes from Aichi Prefecture in Japan. Taking them is easy as you only need to swallow the pills with a little water without the need to make tea several times a day. With the pills, you can expect more energy, burn fat, get calm focus, and naturally detox. It’s energy and calm in a bottle ready to improve your life without tea bags to discard.
Next, the main ingredient is organic matcha green tea leaf powder, with 225 grams spanning three capsules. It also has 2.4 mcg of vitamin B12 in the form of cyanocobalamin, which is 100 percent of your daily value. Do note that this is the synthetic version of vitamin B12, and it usually absorbs better than the natural version but has a cyanide molecule but is considered very safe for consumption.
As for inactive ingredients include hypromellose capsules, rice flour, and magnesium stearate. What you don’t get is soy or gluten, as these are vegan supplements. Take three capsules once a day with a full glass of water, preferably at the same time of day. Finally, the price is a little high, but you get a maximum dose with a thirty-day supply.
- CONVENIENT SUPERFOOD: Organic Ceremonial Grade Japanese Matcha, sourced from the Aichi Prefecture in Japan. These matcha green tea pills are easy to take on the go, no brewing required. Perfect for busy mornings or an afternoon boost and a great way to get a daily dose of antioxidant rich superfoods
- BURN FAT: Rich in EGCG which supports metabolism, matcha has been proven to increase thermogenesis (fat burning) by 4 times. MatchaBoost aids weight loss and can give your day or workout the green boost you need to hit your goals
- CLEAN ENERGY: Matcha has natural caffeine and we’ve added a daily dose of Vitamin B-12 for energy support. MatchaBoost gives you a natural-high making it a perfect afternoon coffee replacement or pre-workout supplement
- CALM FOCUS: Matcha contains the calming neurotransmitter L-Theanine which calms the brain’s alpha waves resulting in a feeling of tranquility. Enjoy hours of enhanced mental focus with no jitters or anxiety
- NATURAL DETOX: Not green tea extract! 100% Matcha green tea powder. Naturally rich in antioxidants, MatchaBoost delivers superfood that supports immunity and natural detoxification all in a convenient green capsule. Certified Vegan, Soy & Gluten Free. Manufactured in the U.S.A. Follow us on Instagram @ayo_social. Check out our website: www.ayosupplements.com
If you want a top-notch green tea supplement, look no further than the Nobi Nutrition Green Tea Fat Burner supplement. It’s ready to help you as a digestive metabolism booster so you can lose weight and detox with polyphenols to reduce abdominal bloating, support digestion, and act as an appetite suppressant. It will also help to boost your brain too for better cognition and memory processing.
What’s in this magical supplement? For starters, green tea with 260 mg offering 98% polyphenols, 75% catechins, 45% EGCG, and 6% caffeine. That’s not all though, you also get green coffee extract, caffeine anhydrous, raspberry ketones, and garcinia cambogia. What you don’t get is any other fillers or additives as the only inactive ingredient is the cellulose vegetable capsules.
Simply take two capsules per day for a thirty-day supply. Moreover, the supplement comes with top-quality ingredients to give you energy and help you lose weight without any jitters at all. The company also does third party testing and formulate their supplements right here in the US. Lastly, make sure to take these with a healthy diet, regular exercise, and healthy habits, and you might see some beneficial weight loss in the process!
- GREEN TEA FAT BURNER FORMULA. Green tea leaf extract is packed with antioxidants and EGCG (epigallocatechin) which support increased energy, stamina and thermogenesis and help curb appetite.*
- DIGESTIVE METABOLISM BOOSTER. This herbal weight loss and detox supplement contains polyphenols that help reduce abdominal bloating, support digestion and work as an appetite suppressant, helping you lose more weight.*
- NATURAL BRAIN BOOST. The properties in Green Tea Extract can help to increase cognition and memory processing to give your brain the fuel it needs. *
- SUPPORTS DETOX PROGRAMS. These green tea pills are formulated to support detoxification programs, promoting healthy digestion and supporting healthy liver function.*
- PREMIUM INGREDIENTS. This premium Green Tea Leaf Extract formula gives you a steady energy increase throughout the day - without the jitters!* Our greentea capsule formula is third-party tested and formulated in the USA.
Another impressive supplement with green tea ready to help you drop weight is the Green Tea Extract Supplement by Basic Greens. Shed pounds, get a beach-ready body, and improve your health with a supercharged supplement full of antioxidants. Beyond weight loss, the pills can help to boost energy and get all the other benefits you will read about below.
Inside each pill, you will find a massive dose of 725mg of green tea sporting 98% polyphenols by UV and 50% EGCG. The supplement also includes 90 mg of vitamin C for better absorption and extra immunity support. As for inactive ingredients, you only get vegetable capsules. The best part of the supplement is it’s decaffeinated, so even those with sensitivities can get the benefits without the jitters.
Furthermore, the supplements are tested for purity, and it’s free of allergens. The pills are free of GMOs, gluten, wheat, tree nuts, peanuts, sugars, preservatives, and artificial colors. All this with a supplement formulated by professionals in a GMP certified facility here in America. If you don’t fully love the supplement, get your money back, no questions asked.
Lastly, because of the high dose, you only need to swallow one pill a day, and the bottle gives you a two month supply making this a fabulous option for those on a budget. Otherwise, you get the equivalent of eight cups of green tea in each capsule.
- NATURAL ENERGY SUPPORT: BioSchwartz Premium Decaffeinated Natural Green Tea supports extra energy, without the crash or jitters. Our formula delivers 8 cups of Natural Green Tea in just one serving to give you the energy and focus you need to take on the day. Naturally infused with 98% Polyphenols, our Green Tea supplement also supports healthy metabolism and weight loss.
- IMMUNE SUPPORTING FORMULA: BioSchwartz Premium Decaffeinated Natural Green Tea Extract capsules contains EGCG, a potent antioxidant, plus 90 mg of Vitamin C for dual impact immune support.
- PURITY TESTED AND ALLERGEN FREE: Each and every batch of our Premium Decaffeinated Natural Green Tea capsules are third party tested to guarantee the highest purity, potency, and premium quality. Our supplement has been manufactured without GMOS, gluten, wheat, tree nuts, peanuts, or added sugar. They also don't include preservatives or artificial colorants.
- FORMULATED BY PROFESSIONALS: Each one of our professional grade supplements is created by a team of highly experienced healthcare professionals in the USA following strict GMP guidelines to ensure the greatest benefits are achieved.
- 100% SATISFACTION - MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: We want you to be fully satisfied! That’s why we back every order with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee so you can shop with confidence. If you are not satisfied with our product, you are protected by our no questions asked, money-back guarantee.
For a natural supplement, try the Organic Green Tea Extract Capsules by True Veda. The brand brings you top quality with zero contaminants, full-spectrum nutrients, organic approved processes, innovative and patented technology, and clean extractions, so you get the best of the best.
Each pill offers 400 mg of organic green tea with 50% polyphenols, 35% catechins, 20% EGCG, and less than 10% of caffeine. Also, the only inactive ingredient is the non-GMO capsule made of hypromellose. The lower levels of polyphenols, catechins, and EGCG are the only reason the supplement is lower on the list.
The pills have zero fillers, allergens, or artificial ingredients. Instead, you get easy to swallow vegetarian capsules in an amber-glass jar to keep the pills safe longer. The company even donates a percentage of each sale to charitable causes. If you don’t love the pills, you can return them for 100% of your money back.
Finally, the pills are made with award-winning ingredients in a GMP certified facility. The bottle comes with 60 pills for a two month supply as you only need to take a single pill per day. Get gentle all-day energy without jitters like other caffeinated supplements. All with organic ingredients suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
For Zen-like energy and natural mood boost, try the MATCHAMAX™ Organic Japanese Matcha Capsules. You get a supplement made by real people looking to make life better and healthier. They don’t put anything in their supplements; they wouldn’t put in their own body at VitaMonk. You get all the benefits with energy without jitters and high levels of L-theanine for better brain function.
Find out why Japanese monks have used green tea for years for improved meditation. The supplement can give you enhanced calm, focus, and tons of antioxidants. With this organic supplement, you get a massive 750 mg of matcha tea with 60% catechins to keep you healthy for years to come. Even better, the only inactive ingredients are vegetable (hypromellose) capsules and rice flour.
The brand doesn’t use any artificial fillers. Moreover, they don’t use dairy, metallic colorants, eggs, BPA, stearates, artificial preservatives, high fructose corn syrups, nuts, or gluten. Take two capsules per day, and with 120 pills in the bottle, you get a full two month supply making this an excellent value for your buck.
- ✅ Save 5% on orders with promo VTAMNK05 when buying 3+ bottles, or 15% off with promo VTAMNK15 on 6+ bottles
- ✅ PURITY AND TRANSPARENCY - We are real people actually using our supplements every day to live happier, healthier lives. If we wouldn’t put it in our own bodies, we won’t let you put it in yours. Matcha green tea is a favorite of our founder, who had trouble finding high-grade organic matcha capsules without creepy artificial fillers. So we made it ourselves
- ✅ NATURAL ENERGY WITHOUT JITTERS - Matcha pills provide you with a gentle energy boost through all-natural caffeine. The L-Theanine in matcha tea counters the negatives usually associated with caffeine to give a you stable energy while supporting calm and focus
- ✅ ENHANCED CALM, FOCUS & POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANTS - Japanese monks have used matcha for millennia to improve meditation. L-Theanine gives a state of clear calm, supporting your cognitive function. Our Matcha supplement also consists of up to 60% catechins, potent antioxidants the body loves
If you want to save money and avoid taking more pills, then you need the Swanson Green Tea Liquid Extract. It’s an easy to swallow supplement you take sublingually (under the tongue) and is a perfect option if you want to get the benefits of tea without drinking several cups a day.
The brand uses minimal processing and low levels of oxidation to give you the best components of the plant. They also guarantee you get 150 mg of polyphenols in each serving. One dropper offers 1,000 mg of green tea extract, and you need to take two droppers per day for a total of 2,000 mg. To make the tea liquid, the inactive ingredients include vegetable glycerin and purified water.
Place the two droppers full in a glass of water and shake before drinking. All of the supplements are made in a GMP and FDA approved facility in the US. The only reason the supplement is lower on the list is the bottle will only last for two weeks. Also, you have to drink it, and at that point, some would rather just have the hot tea for a better taste.
Alcohol free liquid extract
Holistically balanced to maintain the herb's components
Perfect for people who have trouble swallowing pills
- Per GMP guidelines set forth by the FDA, most products are formulated for 24 months from the date of manufacture. Liquids and probiotics are formulated for 12 months.
Some people prefer powder they can mix into food or smoothies instead of swallowing pills, and that’s possible with the BulkSupplements Green Tea 50% Polyphenols Powder. The popular brand makes hundreds of powdered supplements to suit your needs. What you get is a single ingredient supplement ready to boost your health.
The supplement is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Get natural support for inflammation, energy, weight, heart, skin, liver, and brain health. Add this powder into your diet to improve your health overall. Each 500-gram bag offers tons of servings as you only need to add about a 3/16th of a teaspoon a day to your food or liquid of choice.
Also, each serving offers 500 mg of green tea extract, including 50% polyphenols, 35% catechins, and 15 EGCG. No fillers, soy, sugar, dairy, yeast, gluten, or other additives. All this in a foil-lined zip pouch to keep it out of sunlight. Moreover, the supplement is lab-tested for purity. Get a powerful antioxidant with the ability to keep your heart healthy and help you burn fat.
- Clean & Pure Powder. No Fillers.
- Factory Sealed Foil Zip Pouch.
- Lab Tested for Verification & Guaranteed Purity.
Buying Guide for Green Tea Extract
Find out everything you need to know about green tea before making your final purchase. Also, find out about the benefits and side effects along with some important questions too.
Green tea comes from a plant called camellia sinensis, as do black and oolong teas. However, the teas change based on how the plant is treated, and with green tea, you get leaves before they are fermented for a high level of antioxidants. The leaves are harvested, quickly heated, and dried to prevent oxidation, so you get all the benefits of the powerful plant.
Furthermore, green tea is a nootropic, or a cognitive enhancer with the ability to help with learning, motivation, concentration, and creativity. It’s grown all over the world, including several parts of Asia, New Zealand, Hawaii, and even in South Carolina. Although the tea originates from China.
The tea boasts a healthy amount of caffeine with a range of 24 to 40 mg of caffeine in an eight-ounce cup. This is half the amount of caffeine in coffee but comparable to black tea. Moreover, the tea is easy to prepare and drink, so you can easily add it to your daily health regime.
Matcha is gaining ground in America. In Japan, it’s used as a ceremonial tea, but in the US, it’s a health drink with a delicious taste. With matcha, you get green tea ground into a fine powder that gives you concentrated benefits of the tea. Both matcha and green tea offer fantastic doses of natural L-theanine, an amino acid that give the tea the ability to reduce stress, improve sleep, attention, memory, and help the heart.
As a green tea, you get a ton of the same benefits as green tea with a few added benefits, especially for weight loss and cancer. You may also get a boost of exercise performance, higher levels of catechins, higher levels of l-theanine (helps with mood and depression), and helps to detox the body.
The tea comes with eight main benefits. First, the tea can help to protect your heart thanks to the high antioxidant count. It also contains ten beta-blocking compounds to help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Flavonoids found in the tea also help with anti-inflammatory capabilities.
Next, the tea helps to prevent both Alzheimer’s and memory loss by preventing the breakdown of a certain neurotransmitter linked to memory. Catechins (an antioxidant) found in teas reduced free radicals, further helping to reduce memory loss. This is yet another benefit of green tea, its ability to protect the brain from damage from free radicals.
Green tea can also help to prevent diabetes or insulin resistance by normalizing blood sugar levels and anti-inflammatory properties. People with type 2 diabetes can seriously benefit from the tea. Moreover, the tea helps to protect your bones and eyes thanks to the antioxidants.
Finally, green tea can help you to lose weight by reducing your appetite. The antioxidants again play an important role in metabolic health and can prevent weight gain. Caffeine or EGCG also has a positive effect on weight management too. Mind you, the tea can only do so much, a healthy lifestyle with the tea will have a better effect.
Green tea doesn’t have too many side effects unless you over-consume the popular drink. First, green tea has quite a bit of caffeine, and too much can cause a jittery feeling along with sleep problems. People sensitive to caffeine should avoid drinking a large amount of this or any caffeinated beverage.
The main concern with green tea is it may suppress iron absorption. If you are anemic, talk to your doctor before adding a tea supplement to your diet. Tannins in tea can block absorption but not usually enough to cause major issues, as many other foods can affect iron levels, including eggs, milk, and even bran.
Lastly, not often but occasionally, someone may find that green tea can cause headaches, nervousness, vomiting, diarrhea, irregular heartbeats, heartburn, or dizziness. If you notice these or other symptoms after drinking green tea, then talk to your doctor before continuing use.
Questions About Green Tea Extract
What exactly is EGCG in green tea?
EGCG translates to epigallocatechin gallate – an antioxidant found in green tea. Moreover, it’s part of a broad category of catechins. The more EGCG, the more of the active ingredient found in green tea, whereas, smaller numbers mean less of the active ingredient.
Is it better to take the extract or drink a cup of green tea?
Most studies are bases on drinking between 5 to 10 cups of green tea. Unless you drink green tea all day, you probably will end up getting more benefit from a supplement. However, if you love drinking the tea all day, then keep it up! Most studies agree taking the supplements offer the same if not higher efficacy compared to brewed green tea. This means you can do whichever works best for you.
Who should avoid green tea extract?
People who are suffering from renal failure, liver, disease, or heart conditions should speak to their doctor before consuming large quantities of green tea. Also, women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should stick to two cups at most per day as the caffeine can interfere with normal heart rhythms.
The Matcha Pills by Ayo Supplement is the best supplement if you want all the benefits of green tea without drinking several cups of tea a day. Get all of the benefits from this superfood, including the ability to burn fat, up your energy, detox, focus, and improve your heart. Add this – or any of the options on the list – to a healthy diet and exercise, and you will start to get a healthier you in no time at all.
For more information about green tea extract, watch this video: