The Top 7 Quercetin Reviewed
If you like superfoods, you have come to the right place. Quercetin isn’t just a superfood but one of the top power foods ready to increase your lifespan, heart health, endurance, immunity, and so much more. But what is quercetin? It’s a flavonoid – or a plant pigment.
Quercetin is found in red wine, green tea, kale, onions, and even blueberries naturally. What’s wonderful about the flavonoid is it’s the most extensively studied and comes with a host of benefits. What can it do for you? It can crush cancer, fight inflammation, and even reduce viral activity to nothing, and reduce allergy symptoms. That’s not all either. Keep reading to find out what all this powerful substance can do for you.
We did all the research for you to save you time and money. The seven best options for quercetin supplements are all right here. From the best single-ingredient options to those designed to work with multiple ingredients for enhanced benefits. Read on after and get important information about the flavonoid and answers to your questions.
The Best Quercetin Supplements
The Mt. Angel Vitamins – Quercetin Nettle+ offers you a natural histamine release. It supports your immune system and fights allergies by inhibiting the manufacturing process and release of histamines into your body. With less histamine production, you get less inflammation and allergy attacks. This translates to less swollen sniffly noses!
With this supplement, you get a powerhouse of ingredients ready to help your immune system. Vitamin C, pantothenic acid (vitamin D3), magnesium, quercetin, bromelain, and stinging nettle leaf all make for a strong, active supplement ready to reduce allergy symptoms like sinus and nasal discomfort. Even better, the supplement only has a few all-natural inactive ingredients, including cellulose, organic rice extract, and organic rice concentrate. Despite the other ingredients, you still get 1,000 mg of quercetin.
What you don’t get is soy, salt, yeast, gluten, milk, egg, sugar, starch, or preservatives. Just take three vegetarian tablets with or without food. A single bottle comes with a month’s supply. Also, the supplement is made in the USA in an FDA and CMP certified facility. All of this and the company tests heavily for potency and impurities like heavy metals, insecticides, and microbes. However, this option will cost you a little more than our favorite option but does come with a few added ingredients to help fight allergies.
- QUERCETIN NETTLE PLUS: Supports Healthy Histamine Release
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY HISTIMINE SUPPORT AND IMMUNE SYSTEM: Contains Quercetin, which inhibits the manufacture and release of histamine. Stinging Nettle Leaf contains a large amount of Vitamins A, C, and E. These vitamins are associated with both antioxidant and immune system modulating activities
- REDUCES HISTAMINE PRODUCTION: Bromelain contains properties which act as an Anti-Inflammatory and reduces swelling and breaks up large, negatively charged proteins which attract fluid such as histamine and bradykinin.
- BUILDS UP IMMUNITY: Contains Pantothenic acid, which is important for the production of various immune system cells.
- MANUFACTURED IN THE USA in a FDA and UL NPA GMP Certified Facility. Raw ingredients and finished products are TESTED to confirm identity and potency and to screen for impurities: heavy metals, insecticides, and microbes. Manufacturer Warranty Limited to 1 year.
For the most potent dose of quercetin, you want the Ultra High Purity Quercetin Capsules by Toniiq. The mission of Toniiq is to provide the most bioavailable supplements available. With this one, you get the most active form of quercetin capsules in a dose of 1,000 mg. All this with ethically sourced and grown extraction processes that guarantee 95 percent standardized purity. Most only offer extracts of 70 percent or less, and some brands never even state how potent their supplement is, but Toniiq does tell you.
The only active ingredient is pure quercetin from saphora japonica leaf extract. It does come with a list of inactive ingredients, including vegetable capsules from hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, vegetable cellulose, vegetable magnesium stearate, and silicon dioxide. With this supplement, you get the most bioavailability thanks to modern patented extraction methods.
Next, the supplement comes with a lifetime guarantee. If you find you don’t love the supplement, you can get a 100 percent money-back guarantee. However, you will love the supplement as it can help you and its tested to be free of solvent residues, heavy metals, pesticides, and toxins. Fight allergies with the most potent supplement available.
Finally, find out the benefits of supplements from a small family business as they go the extra mile to make customers happy. Take two capsules with food once a day. Also, one bottle offers a two month supply making this an extremely affordable option.
- THE MOST ACTIVE FORM OF QUERCETIN: Toniiq Quercetin Capsules contain 1000mg of the highest quality quercetin powder in each capsule– ethically sourced, grown and cultivated using an extraction process to ensure 95% standardized purity (most quercetin 500mg and quercetin 1000mg extracts contain 70% or less). Higher purity quercetin means higher absorption and bioavailability.*
- A KEY ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Quercetin has amazing health benefits, but purity has always been a major challenge for this flavonoid; something most other quercetin supplements don’t provide as it requires an extra step (and expense) in the manufacturing process. At 95% standardization, Toniiq Quercetin provides the purest, most potent quercetin extract available.
- SETTING A NEW STANDARD FOR PURITY: To ensure that you are getting a high quality quercitin supplement, each batch is tested for quality and purity both during and after manufacturing. Each lot is additionally tested for solvent residues, heavy metals, pesticides, and toxins.
Try the Advanced Sinus and Allergy Relief Supplement by Forest Leaf for purity and high quality, all with a respectable price. You will love not just the price but also the benefits of this fabulous supplement geared toward providing allergy and sinus relief naturally. It will also improve your immune system, cardiovascular health, respiratory health, and reduce inflammation.
The supplement comes with vitamin C, quercetin, stinging nettle leaf, and bromelain. It’s very similar to the Mt. Angel supplement but without the beneficial vitamin D3, and magnesium. However, you get a lower dose of quercetin with just 500 mg making it a better choice for sensitive stomachs. Also, it has a different inactive ingredient, including vegetable cellulose, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, and silicon dioxide. You don’t get dairy, sugar, shellfish, peanut, gluten, egg, fish, or tree nuts with this supplement.
One benefit of the supplement is you only need to take two capsules per day, although you can take up to four capsules a day. Do take this supplement with food for the best results. Furthermore, you know the company means to improve your health as they use a GMP and FDA facility in the US facility. Fight itching, sneezing, and discomfort the right way – naturally.
- DAILY DIETARY SUPPLEMENT: Uniquely formulated using a blend of quercetin and bromelain, this supplement from ForestLeaf may help with sinus relief and prevent a number of health concerns including allergies, cardiovascular and respiratory health.
- WITH STINGING NETTLE: Every pill contains stinging nettle leaf extract, Which contains a wide variety of nutrients that assists in balancing your natural inflammatory response for happier living.
- GIVE YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM A BOOST: Quercetin is a natural flavonoid and medicine that helps balance immune system functions and has antibacterial properties that are effective against all types of microbes. It may also help fight off viruses and infections.
- PERFECT FOR ALLERGY SEASON: This pill may help reduce seasonal illness and symptoms like sneezing and itching. Quercetin contains natural antihistamine has been known to prevent the release of histamine, an inflammatory chemical from certain immune cells.
- MANUFACTURED SAFELY: ForestLeaf supplements are made with vegetable capsules and are dairy, gluten, egg and nut free. All of its products and pills are tested for maximum absorption. There are 45 servings per bottle, 200mg of vitamin c per serving.
Do you prefer single-ingredient supplements? Try the Quercetin 1000 mg 200 Vegetarian Caps by Nusa Pure. You get a max dose of straight quercetin with 1,000 mg. You also get a massive amount of 200 caps for over three months of supply. Get all the benefits of berries, broccoli, and leafy greens to help fight free radicals, protect your body from cell membrane damages, and more.
Although the only active ingredient is quercetin from sophora japonica, this supplement does have a few inactive ingredients. These include cellulose, magnesium stearate, rice flour, and silica. You can fight allergies without adding allergens like fake colors or flavors, preservatives, yeast, corn, milk, lactose, salt, sodium, soy, sugar, gluten, or starch.
What you do get is a supplement from a GMP and FDA inspected facility here in America. You also get high quality and potent supplements with high bioavailability to improve your health. Make sure to take the two capsules with a meal for the best benefit. With this supplement, you get a heavy dose of antioxidants ready to help your brain, cholesterol, allergies, infections, stomach ulcers, and even chronic fatigue syndrome.
- ✅✅✅MAX STRENGTH QUERCETIN: NusaPure’s maximum strength Quercetin formula contains 1000mg of Quercetin per Serving (500mg per capsule) and 200 Veggie capsules per bottle for a full 100-day supply. Quercetin is a plant pigment flavonoid that is naturally found in berries, broccoli, and leafy greens. Quercetin is a powerful antioxidant and free radical scavenger that helps protect the body from cell membrane damage & DNA alterations. *
- ✅✅✅FEEL THE DIFFERENCE: Quercetin is a powerful antioxidant that that has anti-aging properties. Quercetin supplementation may support immune and skin health, anti-inflammatory responses, cardiovascular & cholesterol health, and may help reduce symptoms of arthritis. Additionally, Quercetin helps fight allergies & pain, supports circulation, supports mood & energy levels, and may help protect your kidneys, brain & liver. *
- ✅✅✅ANTIOXIDANT & ANTI-INFLAMMATORY: Inflammation is the root cause of many diseases. Flavonoids such as Quercetin are anti-inflammatories and free radical scavengers that fight off oxidation and inflammation. Diets high in Quercetin may help combat conditions related to inflammation including: cognitive impair, high cholesterol, allergies, infections, stomach ulcers & chronic fatigue syndrome. *
- ✅✅✅MADE IN USA: Produced by a cGMP registered facility with premium manufacturing and sourcing standards of NusaPure. ‘Rooted in Science, Backed by Research’ as our motto, NusaPure Supplements focuses on producing premium products for our customers to achieve greater vitality in mind and body by using only premium materials obtained through rigorous research.
- ✅✅✅STILL NOT SURE? DON’T WORRY! – As a small family business, we fully understand the uncertainty and risk of trying new supplements. And this is why we go extra mile to source only the highest quality ingredients. Also, trust and transparency is at the forefront of our brand. We list every single ingredient on our products so that you can make an informative decision. Let us know if you have any questions or if can be of any service!
Now Foods makes hundreds of supplements and made a massive name and following for themselves thanks to quality supplements at fabulous prices. Their Quercetin with Bromelain Now Foods 240 VCaps offers the same high quality you have come to expect from the brand. Now you can balance your immune system and support healthy seasonal immune function with this fantastic supplement.
What’s in the bottle? A massive dose of quercetin and bromelain – the active ingredient in pineapples. It also contains some inactive ingredients including rice flour, cellulose, cellulose powder, magnesium stearate from a vegetable source, and silica. The supplement is free of soy, GMOs, nuts, gluten, dairy, and eggs. Moreover, it’s vegan, vegetarian, halal, and kosher.
The family-owned company uses a GMP facility to produce the supplement ready to reduce your allergies. Take two capsules before a meal twice a day, although those with sensitive stomachs should take the pills with food. One bottle will last for two months making this a great value. With quercetin and bromelain, you get a supplement ready for occasional seasonal discomfort.
With the Solgar Quercetin Complex with Ester-C® Plus, you get a high-quality mixture of supplements ready to improve your immune health and support allergies. The synergistic formula offers you natural seasonal support and a unique antioxidant profile. Moreover, the complex stabilizes cell membranes.
The supplement offers vitamin C, calcium, quercetin, bromelain, citrus bioflavonoid complex, rose hips, acerola, and rutin. As for the quercetin, you get a smaller easier to tolerate an amount of 500 mg. You don’t get gluten, dairy, yeast, sugar, or GMOs, along with several other problematic ingredients. Instead, you get a vegan and kosher supplement ready to improve your health. However, the supplements have some inactive ingredients – vegetable cellulose, vegetable magnesium stearate, silica, vegetable stearic acid, and microcrystalline cellulose.
Adults should take two capsules twice a day with a meal. One bottle only has 100 tablets, and if you take four a day, you only get 25 days worth, which isn’t even a month supply. The main benefit of this pill is the Ester-C Plus because it provides a ph neutral balance to lower acids, and it’s gentle on your stomach. Lastly, it offers some extra bioflavonoids for added immune benefits.
All this comes from a GMP and FDA facility. The brand uses science to develop their products, and they go the extra mile by using select suppliers from around the world with proven track records of high quality. Fight allergies and improve your immune system with a high-quality supplement.
- IMPORTANT BIOFLAVINOID: Solgar Quercetin Complex includes the most important bioflavonoid, Quercetin, along with Ester-C Plus and Bromelain in a synergistic formula to provide immune health support. This complex also provides natural seasonal support as well as unique antioxidant protection
- WHAT IS QUERCETIN: Quercetin is found in food such as onions and possesses antioxidant properties which help to stabilize cell membranes.
- ESTER-C PLUS BENEFITS: Ester-C Plus provides a pH neutral, non-acidic, patented form of Vitamin C that is gentle on the stomach. In addition Ester-C Plus offers the benefits of incorporating acerola berry, citrus bioflavonoids, rose hips and rutin
- ADDITIONAL BROMELAIN: In addition to Quercetin and Ester-C Plus, these vegetable capsules also feature bromelain which is a natural enzyme derived from pineapple
- KOSHER, GLUTEN FREE & SUITABLE FOR VEGANS: These vegetable capsules are KOF-K Kosher certified and are certified gluten free. They are free of: gluten, wheat, soy, dairy, yeast, sugar, and sodium. They are also free of artificial flavors, sweeteners, preservatives and colors
If you prefer to add your supplements to food or smoothies, try the Maximum Strength Pure Quercetin Dihydrate Powder by Microingredients. With a powder, you don’t get any other ingredients; you just get quercetin. If you want to improve your energy, immune health, and get more antioxidants without inactive ingredients, you need this supplemental powder.
One scoop provides 500 mg of quercetin from Sophora japonica buds. The container holds 200 servings and suggests you take one scoop three times daily. The package of 100 grams can last for two to six months, depending on the dosage. Of course, its a powder, and you can adjust according to your specific needs or doctor recommendations. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about GMOs, additives, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors, soy, fillers, or gluten.
Why powder? Because it offers a higher concentration, quicker absorption, and it’s easier on the stomach. Also, you can find fun ways to add it to your diet by mixing in juice, smoothies, or even into oatmeal, whatever works for you. You get top quality from state of the art technology and facility. All of their ingredients are organic, too, to keep you healthy.
- Pure Quercetin Powder, 100 Grams, Highest Concentration, Quercetin 500mg Per Serving (1 Scoop), No GMOs and Vegan Friendly.
- Premium Quercetin Supplements, Powerfully Supports Healthy Immune Function and Cardiovascular System.
- No GMOs, No Additives, No Preservatives, No Artificial Colors, No Flavors, No Soy, No Fillers and No Gluten
- Scoop included to get the measurement every time. Take it daily with or between meals by adding it to a shake or smoothie, see what the most nutrient dense food on the planet is all about.
- Powder lover? Take it naturally in powder for higher concentration, quicker absorption, easier on the stomach, and more ways to have fun!
Buying Guide for Quercetin Supplements
Find out everything you need to know about quercetin right here. Find out if it’s safe, the benefits, and the side effects. Get answers to your pertinent questions too.
Benefits of Quercetin
The main active ingredients sound great, but what benefits do they actually offer, and are they worth adding to your diet? Take a look:
Quercetin is the main ingredient in all of the supplements above and for good reason. The flavonoid is found in superfoods, and it provides tons of benefits. First, it can lower inflammation by fighting the natural process of oxidation that ages us, humans. Inflammation is the root of almost all diseases, including cancer, cognitive decline, autoimmune disorders, and even heart disease.
Second, quercetin fights allergies as it’s a natural antihistamine and anti-inflammatory. It can fight both seasonal and food allergies, along with asthma and skin reactions! We could stop here, but there are still more benefits.
Third, it supports heart health through lowered inflammation and oxidative stress. It can also fight pain associated with autoimmune conditions like arthritis and infections. Moreover, it can improve energy and endurance because it improves blood flow.
For all the same reasons listed above, quercetin fights cancer, protects skin health, protects the liver, and protects against neurological disorders. Finally, it can also control blood sugar, blood pressure, and protect your brain. Whew! It really is a power-food!
Bromelain is another potent substance, and its found in pineapple with more in the core than in the rest of the fruit. The enzyme is a natural remedy for indigestion and allergies. The other benefits include preventing cancer, treating digestive disorders, faster recovery from surgery and injuries, fights allergies and asthma, prevents and treats sinus infections, helps decrease joint pain, and can even help you lose weight.
Stinging Nettle Leaf boasts its own list of benefits, including fighting urinary and prostate issues, osteoarthritis and joint pain, hay fever, bleeding, and eczema. As you can see, all of these main ingredients focus on fighting allergies!
As for inactive ingredients, almost all supplements need some ingredients to stabilize the pills and act as flow agents. All the inactive ingredients in the products we chose are safe. Rest assured, we only chose high-quality supplements for our list.
Quercetin is naturally derived from food, which makes it safe for almost anyone. That’s right, all the benefits with very little risk. Most studies have found no side effects in those eating a nutrient-dense diet. However, high doses can have some side effects like headaches, stomach aches, and tingling in your arms and legs. Even higher doses (given intravenously) can damage the kidneys in rare cases.
You should talk to your doctor before taking if you are on medications as quercetin may interact with certain drugs and reduce the effectiveness of antibiotics, chemotherapy, and blood thinners. It’s considered safe for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers, but you should always check with your doctor before taking quercetin.
Questions About Quercetin Supplements
What foods naturally contain quercetin?
Quercetin can be found in many foods you probably eat often. You can find the flavonoid in vegetables like onions, peppers, capers, onions, shallots, asparagus, broccoli, kale, and red leaf lettuce. You can also find it in some fruits, including red apples, red grapes, cranberries, blueberries, raspberries, and citrus fruits. Also, both green and black tea contain quercetin.
Do note that organic food can contain dramatically higher doses of quercetin than commercially grown food, up to 79 percent more! If you can’t afford organic, definitely consider supplementing to get the most benefit for your allergies.
Is it possible to take too much quercetin?
Yes, it is possible, but only if you are taking it intravenously. If you are eating any of the foods above on a daily basis, then you probably don’t need to take a supplement. However, if you want to fight allergies, it’s totally safe to take a supplement on top of eating the food, especially if you can’t afford organic. It’s almost impossible to overdose on quercetin.
Should I try other antioxidants as well?
Too many antioxidants can cause problems. If you are eating a healthy diet and taking quercetin, you do not need to take more antioxidants unless you are taking them for a different ailment. Each antioxidant serves a different purpose, so do your research to find out which one will help you the most or try taking smaller doses of multiple antioxidants. Always speak with your doctor before taking a new supplement.
The best supplement to help you improve seasonal sinus and nasal problems is the Mt. Angel Vitamins – Quercetin Nettle +. While it’s designed to support healthy histamine levels, it offers enough quercetin to offer all the benefits of the powerful flavonoid. You get top ingredients from a quality brand and added benefits for more antioxidant support. You can improve your health and control allergies naturally.
For more information on the health benefits of quercetin, watch this short video: