The Top 7 Pea Protein Powders Reviewed
If you are searching for a non-dairy muscle builder, you have come to the right place. Not only are pea proteins free of lactose but also ready to help you lose weight, improve heart health, increase kidney function, and balance blood sugar levels. All this and the protein even manages to increase muscle thickness too!
Diets high in protein help you to feel full, stay healthy, and increase muscles, but none function quite like this plant-based protein. It’s best to use pea protein powder about thirty minutes before a work out for the best benefits for your muscles. Pea protein powder can help to optimize workouts and get better results faster without eating an entire meal.
The question is, which pea protein powder offers the best ingredients ready to help you reap the benefits. We found the seven best pea powders to help you bump up your protein intake without spending hours researching. From organic to mixes and straight-up pea protein, you can find exactly what you need right here. Stay on after to get some vital information and answers to your questions.
The Best Pea Protein Powders
The Organic Vegan Protein Powder by BN Labs offers a vegan pea protein powder that tastes like chocolate or vanilla. Who doesn’t love yummy choices! Not only does the powder taste good, but it’s also rich, creamy, and smooth without a gritty or chalky texture. Now you can improve your workouts and increase protein for a healthier you.
One bag gives you 27 servings of an organic pea protein blend. The other active ingredients include organic brown rice protein and organic pumpkin protein, so you get a genuinely plant-based powder. Even the inactive ingredients are organic, including cocoa powder (processed with alkali), flaxseed, coconut sugar, flavor, guar gum, sea salt, stevia extract, and monk fruit extract. All of these ingredients stabilize the powder and improve the taste without adding tons of sugar or unhealthy ingredients.
As for nutrition, the powder provides calcium, iron, potassium, and BCAA’s (branched-chain amino acids) with minimal carbs or sugars. This is an excellent choice for someone on a keto diet as it stays within carb intake limits. Even better, you get 21 grams of protein per serving. You also only get 130 calories per serving, making this a healthy chocolate-flavored snack you will love.
Finally, the shake powder can fit into your busy life as this offers high standards and taste. It’s manufactured in a GMP certified facility, and they test their products for protein content, heavy metals, and microbial content. They don’t use dairy, soy, gluten, or GMO’s leaving you with just an organic powder ready to improve your life.
- USDA ORGANIC PLANT BASED: Contains 3 sources of organic, non-GMO protein - pea, pumpkin, brown rice, with added organic omegas from Flax Seed.
- BEST TASTING VEGAN PROTEIN – Rich, creamy, smooth plant based protein. None of the gritty chalk taste.
- NUTRITION FACTS: 21g of protein, 1g of sugar, 0g added sugar, 4g of carbs, 130 calories, and 2.6g BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) per serving.
- BEST SHAKE FOR A BUSY LIFESTYLE: Easy to blend or mix shake for men, women, and kids. The perfect protein boost for lean muscle, muscle recovery, and pre or post workouts
- HIGH STANDARDS: Manufactured in a GMP certified facility that is tested for protein content, heavy metals, and microbials.
Another fabulous organic option you can add to your daily diet is the USDA Organic Vegan Protein Powder by Organic Muscle. Like the last option, you can pick between chocolate or vanilla flavoring to better suit your tastebuds, all with an upgraded formula. Who knew plants could taste so good? Moreover, the powder mixes, digests, and works well to improve your diet.
Organic Muscle provides you a mixture of all-natural and organic ingredients to boost your health in this formula. The first is a mix of plant proteins, including pea protein, Jerusalem artichoke, Sacha inchi, and hemp protein. A seed, sprout, and fiber blend improve the benefits and includes more organic ingredients such as rice protein, flaxseed, amaranth sprout, chia seeds, millet sprout, and quinoa sprout.
As for inactive ingredients, you more organic ingredients, including brown rice syrup solids, vanilla (or chocolate) flavor, guar gum, and stevia. All these help to improve the taste by adding non-sugar sweeteners. What you don’t get is soy, shellfish, tree nuts, or gluten ingredients. You also get 24 grams of protein along with calcium, phosphorus, iodine, and magnesium.
Finally, add two scoops to your liquid of choice and mix well. One container holds 20 servings, all in a container ready to protect the contents. The only reason this option is just a little lower on the list is because it has more sugars and carbs than our number one option meaning this may not be the best option for those on a keto diet.
- UPGRADED FORMULA & TASTE: Blend of the Highest Quality, Organic Certified Plant-Based Proteins – Mixes better, tastes better, digest better, and works better!
- 24 GRAMS OF PROTEIN PER SERVING: Formulated to Build Lean Muscle and Speed Recovery- Fast Absorbing - High in Fiber
- CERTIFIED USDA ORGANIC: Non-GMO ~ Vegan ~Gluten Free ~Dairy Free ~ Hormone Free ~ Preservative Free
- INGREDIENTS: Organic Pea Protein ~ Organic Rice Protein ~ Organic Hemp Protein ~ Organic Sacha Inchi Protein ~ Organic Chia Seed ~ Organic Quinoa Sprout ~ Organic Jerusalem Artichoke ~ Organic Amaranth Sprout ~ Organic Flaxseed Sprout
- COMPLETE PROTEIN: All 9 types of essential Amino Acids | Easy Mixibility and Digestion – Great Tasting Naturally Sweetened Vanilla Flavor
With Source Organic – Premium Pea Protein Isolate, you get a bulk 2 pounds of unflavored pea protein. You also only get a single ingredient without fillers or sweeteners. Instead, you get exactly what you want pea protein making this a vegetarian and vegan-friendly formula as well as perfect for keto diets or any other diet!
As the only ingredient is pea protein, you don’t need to worry about any allergens unless, of course, you are allergic to peas! What you do get is 22 grams of protein without sugars. The vitamin content includes magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, and BCAAs of arginine. Two scoops constitute a serving, and you get 35 servings in the container with 100 calories each.
Moreover, the ingredients are sourced exclusively from a Canadian organic farm for the highest quality. The company is GMP certified with both packaging and testing in America. Simply mix the powder with a beverage of your choice and drink. Gain all the benefits of amino acid proteins without dairy or animal sources to improve your muscles and health now.
- Only One Ingredient: Organic Yellow Pea Protein Isolate
- 22g of protein, 4.8g of BCAAs, and 2.18g of arginine per serving
- Sourced exclusively from Canadian organic farms
- No added flavors, colors, or sugars, and Allergen free
- Vegetarian and vegan friendly
If you like supplements, then you have probably heard of The Genius Brand, but you may not know this highly-rated brand makes a Vegan Protein Powder filled with pea protein. The protein doesn’t include just peas but a mix to get you the best results and a great taste. According to the creators, its the best tasting vegan protein powder on the planet!
Not only is the powder creamy and smooth but also free of a gritty or chalky profiled often associated with plant proteins. Now you can drink your way to a leaner body composition, elevate your muscle growing capacity, enhance recovery, and reduce cravings by boosting satiety. All this from a certified vegan supplement completely free of dairy.
The ingredients in this supplemental powder are pea protein isolate, pumpkin seed protein, clean cream Velositol (contains whey protein), dutch cocoa powder, natural flavor, stevia leaf extract, guar gum, and organic rice hulls. The non-lactose whey means you get more protein benefits without allergy issues. It’s a fabulous addition to your diet with 20 grams of protein for forty percent of your daily needs.
Finally, you get 133 calories per 1 scoop serving with 20 servings in the bottle. The supplement is extremely low in both sugar and carbs, making this a very keto-friendly formula. However, the bottle is see-through, so make sure to store it in a cool dark place to maintain potency. Otherwise, you can blend it or shake it to help build muscles with this powerful supplement.
- BEST TASTING VEGAN PROTEIN ON THE PLANET – We’ve officially cracked the code & delivered a creamy, smooth plant based protein. Thanks to modern science, the gritty chalky profile associated with plant protein will officially be a thing of the past
- MAKE FASTER VEGAN GAINS – Plant based muscle building just got a lot easier! By fortifying our nutrition profile with the renown proteina supercharger, Velositol, building quality, lean muscle is now easier than ever
- LACTOSE FREE – Our plant protein is 100% clear of all dairy & it’s byproducts (lactose), even if you aren’t following a strict vega diet, it’s become clear that dairy doesn’t have much of a place & replacing whey with elite plant muscle building fuel makes sense
- GREAT ANYTIME OF DAY – Whether you choose to use this as a post workout supplement or as a simple meal replacement shake, the nutrition profile touts numerous benefits & you can enjoy it whenever you may need
If you want an unflavored and unsweetened supplement, try the Nutrasumma 100% Plant-Based Fermented Pea Protein Powder. The first thing you will notice is the powder is fermented to aid in digestion, comfort, and absorption. The next thing you will notice is the product is as pure as possible because it’s free of GMOs, soy, gluten, artificial colors, and flavors.
You can stay active with 3,500 mg, and BCAA’s so you feel full and satisfied while maintaining your health and energy. All this from straight-up fermented pea protein powder. That’s right, there are no other ingredients. Instead, the label is filled with the amino acid profile, including 18 amino acids ready to improve your health and grow muscles.
The container holds 38 servings of protein powder with 100 calories per scoop. It includes a few essential nutrients such as phosphorus, sodium, and potassium with minimal carbs and no sugar, making this very keto-friendly. Last of all, the supplement is made here in America in a GMP facility. The vegan formula is ready to improve your health with max bioavailability. Add it to anything you want and start getting extra protein in your diet the healthy natural way.
- Nutrition: 20g of Protein, 0g of Sugar, 2g of Carbs, 100 Calories per serving.
- Ingredients: No Additional Ingredients.
- Quality: Made From the Most Natural Non-GMO Source to Ensure Product Integrity. Manufactured in the USA following all GMP Standards.
- Natural: No Artificial Flavors, Sweeteners or Colors. Vegan-Friendly, NON-GMO, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free.
- Process: Fermented for Optimum Digestion and Bioavailability.
Now Brands offers 100% Pure Pea Protein Now Foods Powder in a two-pound bottle. It offers 24 grams of protein in a smooth, easy-to-mix formula with a smooth texture and superior taste. Even better, it’s just pure pea protein with no other ingredients from yellow peas. It’s the perfect supplement for athletes’ post-workout nutrition, especially for those with issues with different types of protein.
The supplement includes all nine essential amino acids and nine non-essential – but certainly helpful – amino acids. Furthermore, the supplement is free of sugars and an insignificant amount of carbs, making it keto-friendly. It does have calcium, iron, and potassium.
Furthermore, the powder is made without soy, dairy, or GMOs in a GMP certified facility. One container contains 27 servings of pea protein powder. Mix 1 level scoop with the liquid of your choice for ingestion. Lastly, you get 120 calories per serving, making this an excellent addition to your healthy diet. Start working out better without dairy now and start seeing benefits in your muscles and energy levels.
- Pure, 24 g Protein
- Mixes Easily, Smooth Texture, Superior Taste
- Natural - no aspartame, no sucralose, no acesulfame-k
Get all the pea protein benefits along with a select set of other ingredients with Alaya Naturals Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder. Like a few of the alternatives, this is an organic mix of protein supplements designed to help you improve your muscles and fuel your body. You can mix it into water, milk, or a milk alternative for a boost before or after a workout or even as a light meal.
What you will love about the supplemental powder is its not just organic but also free of GMOs, dairy, gluten, soy, and added sugar. Moreover, the USDA certified supplement is cruelty-free and ethically sourced from sustainable materials in a GMP facility, meaning you can enjoy the benefits without worrying about the consequences to the planet. If you don’t fall madly in love with the product, return it for a full refund.
The ingredients include a protein blend with organic pea protein, brown rice protein, and hemp protein. Next, an enzyme lend includes organic spirulina powder and DigeZyme powder. Also, the inactive organic ingredients include vanilla flavor, Arabic gum powder, cacao powder, coconut cream milk powder, and monk fruit extract. All this adds up to 22 grams of protein along with essential nutrients like calcium, iron, niacin, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese, and potassium.
Lastly, a container will contain 15 servings of 130 calories in one scoop. It has just one gram of sugar and only 5 grams of carbs, which may or may not work for your keto diet. Now you can increase energy, improve strength, and lose weight with all-natural plant-based protein powder with a wonderful vanilla flavor.
- ORGANIC PLANT-BASED PROTEIN - Treat your body to clean & pure plant protein with absolutely nothing artificial added. Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, & No Added Sugar. Cruelty-Free, Ethically-Sourced, & Sustainable.
- FUEL FOR YOUR BODY - 22 grams of plant-based protein, complete with the nine essential amino acids (including branched-chain amino acids) in every serving.
- WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS - Our plant-based protein powder is a blend of certified organic pea, hemp, and sprouted brown rice proteins along with a hit of energizing organic spirulina. Added DigeZyme enzyme blend enhances absorption & digestion.
- EASY TO PREPARE - Mix with water, milk, or milk alternative for a quick pre or post-workout boost, light breakfast, or a delicious snack.
- RISK-FREE - As with all Alaya Naturals products, shop with confidence knowing that your order is always backed by a 100% money-back guarantee if you're not satisfied.
Buying Guide for Pea Protein Powder
Find out all about benefits and side effects of pea protein powder and get some answers to your questions before making your final decision on which powder to purchase right here.
There are five main benefits associated with pea protein powder. First, pea protein is chock full of amino acids that help you to lose weight by filling you up with protein. This helps you to build muscle, which will help to burn fat (other fat burner supplements can speed the process). Moreover, protein helps to lower ghrelin levels. Ghrelin is the hormone responsible for stimulating hunger, meaning you get fewer cravings to eat and decrease your appetite.
Next, pea protein can help to support your heart by lowering high blood pressure. This is true of most plant-based proteins, and they all help to reduce coronary heart disease. The protein can also promote kidney function, especially for those with high blood pressure. Finally, with pea protein, you can increase muscle thickness and balance blood sugar levels to fight diabetes.
Most pea protein powders stick to straight pea protein or add in a few other plant-based proteins to even out taste and digestion. If you have never tried protein powder, consider starting with just one ingredient to see if you have a reaction before switching to a mixture. Otherwise, the main ingredients in protein powders are to up the vitamin count, the amino acid profile, or improve the taste. Try to find one with organic ingredients and as few sweeteners as possible for the healthiest addition to your diet.
Pea protein has very minimal risk of side effects, such as its naturally a little high in sodium. Even consumed in large doses, most people have no reaction to this safe powder. However, overeating could have a few side effects, such as gaining weight, issues with both kidneys and liver, as well as bone loss. Do not take more than the daily recommended dosage to avoid these problems and stay healthy, which is why you are taking the protein in the first place!
Questions About Pea Protein Powder
Will pea protein powder help me lose weight?
Yes, but not by directly burning fat. Instead, it helps build muscle while which will burn fat. Also, pea protein doesn’t digest as quickly or as easily as milk-based, which means you will feel fuller longer because the digestion takes longer. While you won’t lose weight directly because of the powder, you won’t be as hungry and will end up burning more calories. If you burn more calories than you ingest, then you will start to burn weight.
Can I use pea protein powder in something other than liquids or shakes?
Pea protein powder is very versatile and can be used in many ways besides just mixed into liquids. While it’s easiest to mix into shakes or liquid, you can add it to baked goods or even mix it into sauces to help the whole family benefit from extra protein. You do want to stick with an unflavored option if you will work best for mixing into foods unless you are making something sweet, then you could try chocolate or vanilla for a boost of flavor.
Who will benefit from taking pea protein powder?
The most significant benefit of pea protein powder is its lactose-free, meaning it’s perfect for those who are allergic to milk. Some people also have digestion issues with other protein powders and find that they don’t have those issues with pea protein. Others can benefit as well, such as those on a vegan or vegetarian diet, those looking to lose weight, athletes, and people trying to lose weight or eat less. Also, pea protein is often much more affordable than other options so that it may fit into most budgets easier.
Find everything you are looking for in a pea protein powder in the Organic Vegan Protein Powder. Not only can you chose between chocolate and vanilla as well as your servings so you can even have a portable option for those on the go. Moreover, you get an organic, tasty supplement ready to improve your health, lose weight, improve muscles, and fuel your workouts thanks to 21 grams of protein. Start building lean muscle now with a protein boost from peas!
To see how pea protein stacks up against whey protein, check out this video: