The Top 7 Egg White Protein Powders Reviewed
Eggs offer an incredible and digestible form of protein, which is why so many people seek out egg white protein powder to gain more protein without the need to eat eggs all day long. Instead, drink a single drink and load up on heart-healthy protein. Now the powders come in multiple flavors so you can add them to your meal routine.
Many come with whey proteins and other ingredients like L-Arginine, and casein, beef powder, and more. We prefer to look for items with as few ingredients as possible and focus solely on egg whites and ingredients that only function to help deliver the egg whites easier. Moreover, we suggest when first trying a new supplement to try single ingredients to find out if you tolerate the protein well before considering switching to formulas with multiple ingredients.
Find out the seven best egg white protein powders and then stay on after to find out everything you need to know about the supplement. Some of the information may surprise you. Also, we tell you what to look for symptom wise to prevent issues. Take a look.
The Best Egg White Protein Powders
Do you love French vanilla? Try the True Nutrition Egg White Protein Powder, although it does come in several other flavors, too, like chocolate fudge and unflavored. We love this formula because their unflavored power is just egg whites. That’s it, no fillers, no sugars, no nothing but what you are after – egg protein and sunflower lecithin to keep it safe naturally.
If you choose one of the other flavors, you get a few other limited ingredients. With our preference – French vanilla – you get egg white proteins, French vanilla flavoring, guar gum, and stevia. The chocolate fudge has egg white proteins, chocolate fudge brownie flavor, cocoa, rice powder, guar gum, and stevia. These added ingredients help to balance the flavor, and if you prefer to skip all additives, you can go with plain and add your own flavor.
While the price is a little high, you get five pounds of egg white protein without GMO’s, fillers, or additives. It’s low carb, fat-free, dairy-free, and yolk free. Moreover, it’s third-party tested for high quality. Add a single scoop to your medium of choice, stir or shake, and drink. With five pounds, you get a whopping 70 servings to less well over two months.
Finally, what you really want to know is the power contains 24 grams of protein to fuel your body and help build muscle. Mix one scoop with 8 to 12 ounces of water, juice, or milk. Customers love this product, and you will, too, so long as the price fits in your budget. It’s the best of the best, making it top the charts in the egg white protein powder category.
- EGG WHITE PROTEIN POWDER. True Nutrition's Egg White Protein offers a high quality Paleo protein source with 24g of protein and 0g of fat per serving, perfect for building lean muscle
- GREAT FOR NEARLY ANY DIET. True Nutrition’s non-GMO Egg White Protein is a top protein option for nearly all diets, and contains substantial amounts of high quality amino acids and protein to fuel muscle recovery and growth
- LOW CARB. FAT FREE. DAIRY FREE. Removing the yolks and then spray-drying the egg whites into a food powder leaves us with a product that is naturally dairy free, soy free, and gluten free. TN’s Egg White Protein is derived from non-GMO eggs and made in the USA
- DELICIOUS FLAVORS. True Nutrition’s non-GMO TrueFlavors provide delicious zero calorie stevia-sweetened flavorings in Chocolate Fudge Brownie, French Vanilla, or Unflavored
- THIRD PARTY TESTED. MADE IN THE USA. Virtually all True Nutrition products are made right here in the United States of America, and are tested by an independent third party laboratory to ensure they meet the highest of quality performance standards
Everyone knows about GNC because they offer supplements upon supplements. But did you know they also make a 100 percent egg protein powder in a yummy vanilla flavor? The GNC Pro Performance 100% Egg Protein Powder is a little pricey per serving though than our favorite option. Although, the only reason it’s lower on our list is because the container only holds twenty servings, which means you can’t get a full month out of the package.
What you do get is a highly digestible source of protein to boost your health and work out routine. It’s free of dairy, sugar, and cholesterol, while it’s filled with amino acids. Grow lean muscle with 20 grams of protein per serving, which is four grams less than our favorite option above. Moreover, you get just 100 calories per serving without any of the sugar, making this a good option for keto dieters.
The only ingredients are egg albumen (a fancy name for egg whites), natural flavor, sunflower lecithin, and stevia. This gives you a dose of all nine essential amino acids making it a great alternative to dairy-based protein powders. People with lactose intolerance or allergy will love this protein source.
Lastly, you can eat the protein powder in multiple sources. Mix it in a shake, blend it into a smoothie, or add a little into your oatmeal or yogurt. Another added benefit it offers seven percent of your daily potassium, which can, in turn, help to enhance bone growth, strengthen muscles, and prevent cramps among other systems.
- 100% Egg Protein Is A Highly Digestible Source Of Protein And An Excellent Addition To Your Wellness And Performance Regiment. This Protein Is Dairy Free, Bursting With Amino Acids, And Does Not Contain Cholesterol, Making It A Great Choice For Healthy Living For Anyone Looking To Help Build Lean Muscle.^Amino Acids Are Necessary For Protein Synthesis, Which Supports The Growth, Recovery And Maintenance Of Lean Muscle. Egg Protein Is A High-Quality Protein Source Containing All 9 Essential Am
- Contains 20G Of Egg Protein Per Serving
- 100 Calories Per Serving
- 0G Sugar Per Serving
- Cholesterol, Soy, Lactose, Dairy And Gluten Free
Another fabulous option is the MRM Natural Egg White Protein Powder but has a few natural sweeteners. Mind you, the sweeteners include stevia leaf extract and monk fruit extract. Both are better than sugar, but some people want to avoid sweeteners in general. Otherwise, the ingredients include egg albumen, vanilla flavor, sunflower lecithin, xanthan gum, and Digest-All AP (which is just a vegan enzyme blend).
What you don’t get is MSG, aspartame, carbs, fats, gluten, or dairy. It comes with 23 grams of fat-free protein per each serving. Like all egg white proteins, it’s full of essential amino acids to help the body maintain healthy muscle. Like the GNC option, this one offers 20 servings, which means a single bottle won’t last an entire month, and that’s fairly frustrating unless you skip weekends.
Pick from two sizes, including 12 or 24 ounces, and pick from vanilla or chocolate flavor to work with what you love. Mix one scoop with water, or a form of milk like coconut or almond to ingest. You can also mix into a smoothie. The unique Digest-All AP helps your body to better digest the powder, although some customers complained of gas. If you have this symptom, you may want to check for egg intolerance or try another brand. Other ingredients help to prevent clumping for an all-around pleasant texture.
- MRM Natural Egg White Protein Powder contains 23g of protein from 6 large eggs; Dairy- & gluten-free
- Egg whites are high in protein & have high biological value, plus essential amino acids & sulfur
- Natural egg whites are a low-fat, low-cholesterol protein that is lactose-free & paleo diet-friendly
- Proprietary blend contains egg albumen & Digest-ALL AP that supports digestion & nutrient absorption
- Supports lean muscle mass development & increases satiety; Zero carbohydrates, fats or cholesterol
If you want more flavors than just vanilla, chocolate, and unflavored, then you need to try the Jay Robb Strawberry Egg White Protein Powder, which comes in not just the typical flavors but also comes in strawberry for those who crave a little bit of berry. You can even have no flavor at all, so you can blend it into a smoothie or your oatmeal as the brand offers an unflavored option too.
The protein powder is free of MSG, artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, dairy, and lactose. Instead, you get a massive dose of naturally occurring amino acids. As a Christian company dedicated to bringing only the best, the company does not add anything God did not directly create. What you get are egg albumen, xylitol, natural flavor, xanthan gum, stevia, citric acid, and red beet powder for color.
Furthermore, the eggs in this recyclable and resealable plastic pouch are free of GMOs too. Jay Robb – not personally – flash pasteurizes the eggs for safety with no additional heating for better vitamin retention. Also, the container holds 24 ounces of egg white protein or 20 servings. One serving offers 24 grams of protein.
Why companies don’t offer thirty servings per container is beyond us. Although you can pick from three size options, including 12, 24, or 80 ounces so the formula can last longer. The only reason this option ranks lower on the list is it costs almost twice as much per serving as the other options.
- Includes 1 (24 oz) Jay Robb Vanilla Egg White Protein Powder
- 24g of Egg White Protein, 0g Fat, 4g of Net Carbs, <1g of Sugar, 370mg Potassium, Calcium 40mg, 120 Calories per serving
- Jay Robb Non-GMO Egg White Protein powder raw material is derived from chickens not treated with growth hormones. The protein is flash pasteurized for safety, with no additional heating used during the final processing. NO Fat, NO Soy, NO Added Sugar, NO MSG, NO Casein, NO Artificial Ingredients, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Non-GMO, Low Carb, KETO, VEGETARIAN
- Egg White Protein helps build muscle faster, repairs and nourishes your body, and supports your immune system and metabolism. Perfect when you are on-the-go or looking for a quick and outrageously delicious meal or snack
- Perfect for Men and Women (on-the-go meal or snack), Teens (can assist in reducing acne), Kids (nutritious snack during the day). Easy to Mix with milk, water, juice or your favorite liquid. Blend with fruit, nuts, seeds, veggies, and/or starch for a delicious and nutritious meal replacement
The Gaspari Nutrition Proven Egg, 100% Egg White Protein offers a unique flavor gaining it a spot on our list. Not only can you get chocolate in a two-pound container, but you can get our favorite, salted caramel for a completely different flavor profile ready to excite your tastebuds. Moreover, the brand Gaspari offers a fabulous formula many people will love.
First, Gaspari claims their formula offers a 21 percent more effective formula than whey protein to help build lean muscle. Second, the brand offers 28 servings in one container, meaning it last much closer to a month than most of the other options. Each scoop or serving offers 25 grams of protein, which is the highest on the list. It also offers more potassium by one percent than the other brands as well. You also gain minimal amounts of calcium, iron, phosphorous, and magnesium.
One scoop is equivalent to seven egg whites, meaning you don’t have to do as much eating to gain the benefits. Moreover, the formula is made without hormones, antibiotics, dairy, or lactose. It’s also free of artificial flavors, colors, and sweeteners. Besides eggs, the other ingredients include sunflower lecithin, natural caramel flavor, and stevia extract. Start gaining muscle with protein, all with your favorite flavor.
- 21% More Efficient Than Whey Protein In Building Lean Muscle
- One Scoop is Equal to 7 Egg Whites
- 0 Hormones, Antibiotics, Dairy & Lactose
- 0 Artificial Flavors, Colors & Sweeteners
- 25g Protein, 8g BCAAs, Non Dairy
For those who would rather an unflavored formula, try the Egg White Protein Powder by Judee’s Gluten Free. One reason we love this formula is it offers 40 servings per container in a 2.2-pound container. Even better, the formula has just two ingredients, egg white powder, and sunflower lecithin to prevent clumping.
With such a clean label, you know you are getting a gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, non-GMO, and dairy-free option. Instead, you get all the benefits of eggs like amino acids and potassium without all the cholesterol or other ingredients. Also, this formula was made right here in America for those who want to support the local economy.
Finally, this is the most affordable option per serving on the list, and it offers 20 grams of protein per serving size. Use the powder in 12 ounces of water or other liquid or blend it into a smoothie without worrying about the flavor clashing with fruit. Also, you can bake the powder into your baked goods for an extra protein kick.
- Paleo Egg White Protein Powder with just a tiny bit of Sunflower Lecithin that allows the Egg Whites to dissolve fully in your protein packed smoothies and shakes
- Unflavored, Non GMO, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free. Made in USA
- Instantly mixes in water, 1/4 cup serving has 20g protein and 100 calories. Entire package has 40 servings
- Packaged in a Dedicated Gluten & Nut Free Bakery in a foil lined resealable standup pouch to preserve freshness
- Some people are sensitive to adding egg protein to their diet. Start with 1/2 serving and work up to 1 serving when beginning to ensure you are not sensitive
The last of our favorite options comes in five sizes and sorry; they are all measured in grams per bag, which most Americans don’t know, so we promise to translate. The Egg White Paleo Protein Powder by Bulksupplements comes in 8, 17, 35, 176 ounces, and 50 pounds for those who want to really stock up. We are going to focus on the 5-kilogram size, which is 11 pounds or 177 ounces.
First, we want to point out this is the second most affordable option on the list and comes with just a single ingredient – egg white protein powder. Mind you, it doesn’t have sunflower lecithin, so it may clump more than other brands, but for those who are allergic to or do tolerate the sunflower lecithin will like this ingredient list much better. As there is only one ingredient, you don’t need to worry about any allergens or additives unless, of course, you are allergic to eggs, in which case you need to avoid this entire list.
Lastly, this natural and potent supplement comes without any flavors, so you can mix it or bake it into anything without having conflicting flavors. It’s lab tested for quality and comes with 33 servings per container, meaning you get a full month’s supply in one package. Make sure to keep the package in a dry, dark, and cool place, you know, like your pantry.
- Clean & pure powder. No fillers.
- Lab-tested for verified & guaranteed purity
- Complete protein source
- Large amino acid profile
Buying Guide for Egg White Protein Powder
Before making your final decision take a look at the factors that go into purchasing and choosing an egg white protein powder. Stay on after, and we will answer a few of your questions.
Some ingredients found in egg white proteins may confuse you, so we want to give you a quick definition, so you know exactly what you are consuming. First, egg albumen sounds strange, but it’s just another way of saying egg whites that are partially fermented and dried with low temperatures. Stevia is an all-natural sweetener with fewer calories than sugar. It also comes with some health factors like it may help fight or prevent cancer without side effects.
Sunflower lecithin is a chain of amino acids that is an emulsifier and emollient to help prevent clumping. It’s actually good for you as it can reduce cholesterol, improve digestive health, and support both brain and skin health. Lastly, xanthan gum is another ingredient found in egg white protein powders, and it’s a man-made ingredient made from glucose, sucrose, and lactose fermented by bacteria. It’s used to prevent food from rotting and as a safe emulsifier or as a replacement for guar gum.
The two biggest benefits of egg white protein are no fat or cholesterol, and because they are lactose and milk free. Many people want to take a protein powder without adding or contributing to issues, and as whey is the main protein powder available, it adds a viable option to the market. Another benefit of egg whites is they offer riboflavin, selenium, and potassium, all of which are part of a healthy diet. Also, egg whites are great for blood pressure and help to reduce related problems. Finally, egg whites are high in amino acids and low in calories.
Egg whites are made of 90 percent water and 10 percent protein. Most of the nutrition of an egg comes from the yolk, and so do most of the nutrients. While this isn’t necessarily a problem, protein makes you feel full and reduces your hunger, meaning you might not be hungry enough to consume all of the vitamins you need. Make sure if you take protein powder that you ensure you still get all of your vitamins.
Another issue with egg whites, at least in the raw form and in large doses, is they can reduce the absorption of water-soluble vitamin biotin because it contains the protein avidin, which binds to biotin and stops its absorption. Biotin acts as a coenzyme in the body, and it’s necessary to help metabolize fatty acids, amino acids, and glucose. As eggs are high in amino acids, you need biotin to function properly.
This vitamin also supports thyroid and adrenal function, building and repairing tissues and muscle, heart health, brain function, hair, skin, nails, blood sugar levels, and metabolism. Look out for symptoms like a red rash on skin, dry or scaly skin, dry eyes, brittle hair, hair loss, fatigue, loss of appetite, insomnia, muscle pain, and more. If you have any of these symptoms already, contact your doctor before consuming egg white protein on a regular basis.
Questions About Egg White Protein Powder
Would it be better to get whole egg powder instead of just egg white powder?
If you want the full benefit of eggs, you need whole egg powder. However, full egg protein powder comes with more calories, fat, and cholesterol. It also comes with a lot more vitamins. You need to consider your health and needs before making a decision.
I’m on a special diet can I take egg white protein?
Yes, egg white protein fits in seamlessly with paleo, keto, and several other diets. If you are on a paleo diet, you may want to choose an option with no extra ingredients like the last option on this list.
Will egg white protein help with weight loss?
Yes. Egg white protein powders are high in proteins, which helps to reduce appetite and help you feel full longer. It’s also low in calories, and both aspects will help you to gain muscle without gaining weight. Muscle also helps with weight loss making this a viable supplement for weight loss. Consider talking to your doctor before taking any new supplement.
Final Thoughts About Egg White Protein Powder
Egg white protein powder can be a valuable addition to your health regime because it’s packed with protein without adding massive amounts of calories, and it’s also fat and cholesterol-free. Our favorite is the True Nutrition Egg White Protein Powder because it’s got great flavor options and high amounts of protein per serving. Finally, it’s affordable and comes with over two months of supply, meaning it will last a long time so you can worry about building muscle instead of constantly buying new bags of protein powder.
Believe it or not, you can make egg white protein powder at home. Watch this video to see how it is done: