The Top 10 Treadmills Under $1,000 Reviewed
Running is one of the easiest and most beneficial of all forms of exercise, and it is a great way to keep fit or get into shape. However, too much running or prolonged running can be bad for you and put strain on your legs and back. Luckily for us, the treadmill was invented.
A treadmill is the most popular of all home gym equipment pieces, and they can be found in millions of households worldwide. There are three reasons why treadmills have proven so successful over the years:
- Convenience: Let’s face it running outdoors can take up a lot of time, and if the weather is freezing, hot or it’s dark, then it isn’t the most pleasant of activities. A treadmill eliminates all of these factors by allowing you to exercise in your own home. If your schedule is too busy during the week, then a treadmill allows you to get a quick run in between work.
Fitness: Running is one of the best ways to get fit or lose weight. Running on a treadmill offers a sure way to keep on your fitness routine right in your own home.
Low Impact: When compared to outdoor running, treadmills have no where near the same high impact effects that outdoor running can cause. Quality treadmills are built with an absorption surface so that your legs don’t jar when you strike the machine, this means that you are less likely to experience shin splints, runners knee or back problems from exercising.
Because treadmills have proven to be so popular there is a saturation of products on the treadmill market and trying to decide on the right treadmill to buy can be an overwhelming process and is often a time consuming hassle.
This is why we have put together a list of the Top 10 Treadmills for Home in 2019. We understand everyone has a different budget, and therefore the list only comprises of machines that cost less than $1000 dollars.
Best Treadmills Under $1000
This treadmill comes with speeds up to 10mph and an adjustable incline of 10 %. It has a 20 x 55 inch belt and its sonic surround speakers are iPod and MP3 compatible. There are 30 program options on the machine. A weight limit of 300 pounds exists and it has good warranty options.
- 3-Zone variable response cushioning
- Feather light folding
- Bluetooth enabled
- Built-in speakers, energy saver mode, fan, tablet rack, water bottle holder
- 10 speed keys & 10 incline keys, quick program keys, Durable, 2.5 CHP motor runs at lower RPMs to minimize noise and increase efficiency
The performance 400 has a strong 2.5 CHP motor with a 10mph speed option, as well as an adjustable gradient of up to 10 percent. There are 18 workout apps that can be used on this machine and the music system is iPod compatible. It comes with a grip heart rate monitor, a cooling fan and a 300 pounds weight maximum.
- 2.5 CHP Mach Z Motor, 20" x 55" Tread Belt, ProShox Cushioning, Space Saver Design
- 1.9" Precision Machined and Balanced Non-Flex Rear Roller, Multi-Window LED Display, 10 MPH Quick Speed Control, 10% Quick Incline Control
- 18 Workout Apps, Grip Pulse EKG Heart Rate Monitor, CoolAire Workout Fan, 300 Lb. Weight Capacity
- Compatible Music Port for iPod, iPod is a trademark of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries; iPod not included
- The ProForm Performance 400 Treadmill is protected with a Lifetime Frame Warranty, 25-Year Motor Warranty and 1-Year Parts & Labor Warranty
This machine offers an 18 x 47 inch working surface that is generated by a 2.5 THP drive motor (1.5 CHP). There is a manual 5 percent adjustable incline and 0- 10mph speed options, and a 250-pound maximum weight capacity.
- Home treadmill with top-quality 2.5 THP (1.5 CHP) drive motor
- Intuitive console controls with adjustable speed from 0 to 10 miles per hour
- 3-window LED display tracks your time, speed, distance, calories, and more
- Spacious 18-by-47-inch workout area with Aerosoft cushioning system
- Folding frame for easy storage; measures 29 x 52 x 61 inches (W x H x D)
This has a spacious 20 x 56 inch running surface that is powered by a 2.5 horsepower driver motor. It has 15 different incline options and up to 11 mph running speeds. Standout LCD system that hosts over 20 different kinds of program options for any level of runner, and an iPod compatible speaker system as well as a pedometer.
- The best selling electric treadmill by Lifespan, foldable and portable capability turns this motorized running machine into a small compact size; Step-up Height :7.5 inches
- Heavy duty and high capacity 2.5 HP motor with a large 20" x 56" walking belt surface, and 15 levels of adjustable incline.
- Quiet and lightweight manual fold for space saving and storable purposes in your office or home. Console tracks time, calories, distance, speed, and more.
- 21 trainer programs targeting weight loss, healthy living, sports training and heart rate programs with Bluetooth connectivity.
- Lifetime warranty on frame and motor. 300 pound user weight limit.
A simple, budget treadmill with a 10mph running speed option, 10% incline control and 2.5 CHP motor. It has an 18x 55-inch belt, an iPod compatible system and 8 inbuilt workout apps.
- iPod-compatible so you can rock your workout
- Work out at your own pace up to 10 mph, with 8 pre-set workouts
- Power incline up to 10% lets you change your workout level as you go
- Non-slip treadbelt with shock absorption for reduced impact
This spacious and strong treadmill with a 20x 60-inch belt and a 3.0 CHP driver motor with a 0-14 mph running speed and a 15-degree incline option. The LCD system is very high tech and is compatible for Apple products including iPods and iFit, and it boasts 30 preset workout apps.
- 3.0 CHP drive system, 20 X 60 non-stretch 1-ply commercial belt, ProShox cushioning, space saver design, easy lift assist
- 2.5" precision machined and balanced non-flex roller, 7" backlit iFit display, iFit workout apps matrix
- IFit alpha numeric message center, iFit enabled, iPod compatible audio (2-2" speakers)
- Digital quick speed control 0-12 MPH, digital quick incline control 0-15, 30 preset workout apps
- Coolaire workout fan, EKG grip pulse, 350lb. user capacity, lifetime frame & motor warranty, 3 yr. parts & 1 yr. labor warranty
This machine has a 15% incline control and 12mph running speeds that are powered by a 3 CHP motor. It is iFit and iPod compatible, as well as having 30 inbuilt workout apps and a maximum weight of 350 pounds.
- 3.0 CHP Mach Z Commercial Plus Motor; 0-15% Quick Incline Control
- IFit Compatible Console; 30 Workout Apps
- 20" x 60" Non-Stretch, Commercial Tread belt; Precision Machined and Balanced Non-Flex Rollers; ProShox Cushioning
- Space Saver Design with Easy Lift Assist; 350 lb. Weight Capacity; 3-Year Parts Warranty and 1-Year Labor Warranty
- Rated as a 'Best Buy' from The Treadmill Doctor
There is a 0-10 mph running speed and 0-10% incline option with a 2.5 CHP driver motor. The LCD is compatible to iPod, Mp3 and iFit and it offers 16 built in work out apps.
- 16 built-in workout apps: Choose from calorie, time or distance workouts to get the results you want
- iFit Workout Card Technology: Jillian Michaels iFit Workout Card included
- Dual-grip EKG heart rate monitor
- ProShox Lite Cushioning
- Compressing with each step, this cushioning responds evenly to your stride and offers a truly comfortable workout
The Nautilus T614 treadmill is run on a 2.75 CHP motor, which runs a 20 x 55-inch belt. There is an adjustable incline of 12% and running speeds up to 12mph. It has a USB port and a big speaker system for quality sound. The maximum user weight is 300 pounds.
- Goal Track capability enables users to set individual exercise goals
- 12% motorized incline
- 22 programs: including manual, quick goal, train, weight control, heart health, interval and custom workouts
- StrikeZone cushioning system for a smooth run
- 2.75 CHP motor that offers reliability, high responsiveness and performance for the user
This treadmill has an 18 x 50 inch belt and a 2.0 CHP motor. The running speed is 0-10mph and the incline options go up to 10%. There are 8 inbuilt workout apps and a pulse grip heart rate monitor, as well as 2 lb. free weight set.
- 8 Workout Apps, 18" x 50" Treadbelt, AirStride Plus Cushioning, 2.0 CHP G-Force Motor
- 0-10 MPH QuickSelect Speed Control, 0-10% QuickSelect Incline Control
- Dual-Grip PowerPulse Heart Rate Monitor, LCD Window with 5 x 7 Workout Matrix, SpaceSaver Design, 300 lb. Weight Capacity
- Burn extra calories with the included 2 lb. weight set
- This Gold's Gym treadmill is backed by a 5-Year Frame & Motor Warranty and a 90-Day Parts & Labor Warranty
Treadmills are an expensive investment and therefore it is important that you choose the perfect machine to fit your home. Remember when buying one that you must consider how heavy you are, what your fitness levels require, your height, the amount of power you want in the motor and of course how much you are willing to spend.
We hope that our Top 10 list of Treadmills for your home for under $1000 will assist you in choosing the perfect treadmill for your home. If you are looking for a good treadmill workout, this video should help: