Top Aerobic Step Platforms Reviewed
If you don’t practice aerobics, you may want to start as it comes with a host of health benefits. First, you can keep your heart healthy, which is why most people get into aerobics. You can also improve your bones, improve your weight, increase leg strength, and jumpstart your metabolism.
If those aren’t enough reasons to start, how about a low impact sport that means you don’t have to run miles or laps? Most people could stand to shed some stress, which is another advantage of aerobics. Even better, it’s versatile, and you can change up your routine from day to day.
An advantage of having your own aerobic step platform is the option to workout at home and save some money on the gym. Work out in front of the television or in a dedicated space at your home and on your schedule. Have no fear, we found all of the best options for you after exhaustive research and compiled this list to save you time so you can get to your workout faster.
Best Aerobic Step Platforms
We understand that sorting through all the aerobic step platforms on the market is a tedious job. To help you find the right one for your needs we look at features, pricing, and owner feedback. From that research here are our picks for the best aerobic step platforms:
The first thing you will notice about the Yes4All Adjustable Aerobic Step Platform offers plenty of space to work out even if you move around a lot. At 40 inches in length and 14 inches in width, you can practically dance around the platform and still find a spot for your foot! Pick a color to match your decor, such as blue, pinkish purple, aqua, or gray.
With four risers included, you can adjust the height of the platform from four inches high all the way up to eight inches. This allows you to adjust by height or by experience. More advanced practicers of aerobics may want higher heights to work harder and burn more calories.
Adjusting the height takes minimal effort but provides a secure fit. Also, as the unit comes constructed of recyclable high-quality polyethylene, it can support up to 200 pounds and works both indoors or outdoors. Use the set for cardio, aerobics, low or high impact, and fat-burning workouts.
Furthermore, It comes with a 30-day free return and one year warranty. A textured, non-slip surface provides maximum comfort and grip for safety and works for both hands and feet. A few customers complained about the stability, but all products come with a few defective units. However, those over 200 pounds may want to consider a different model.
- 41-INCH LENGTH X 16-INCH WIDTH NON-SLIP STEP SURFACE: Slip-resistant, shock-absorbing aerobic step platform with four additional removable 16” x 16” x 2” risers provide a steady, safe, space-efficient and comfortable step workout experience
- EASY HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT: Intensify workout difficulty by adjusting platform height from 4” to 6” to 8” using risers to challenge yourself and burn more calories
- HIGH-DENSITY POLYETHYLENE MATERIAL: Constructed of recyclable high-quality polyethylene capable of supporting up to 300 pounds. Perfect for indoor and outdoor use
- VERSATILE STEPPER PLATFORM: Ideal for cardio workout, fitness, low and high-impact. Can combine with other fitness tools to get extra burning fat workouts
- MULTIPLE BENEFITS: Offers you a multitude of health benefits such as helping you burn fat, lose weight, tone and retain your body as well as improving your cardio
With the Step Platform by Day 1 Fitness, you can pick your size, either 42 inches or the 28 inches, which may fit in your home better. You can also select one set of risers or two depending on your ability and level. Though, this set does not come with color options; the smaller comes in gray with black risers and the longer with blue and black.
If you choose the set with two sets of risers, you can adjust up to 6 inches to suit your workout, which is plenty high enough for most exercises. High-density polyethylene can support up to 440 pounds, which is double the last platform, and it provides massive strength and durability for years. You can use this platform both indoors or outdoors.
The platform has built-in grippers instead of a rubber add-in, which allows for faster movement but may offer a little less stability. Either way, you can use it for any exercise you like for tons of fat-burning benefits with a 30-day refund with no questions asked. A few customers stated the risers did not lock into place and didn’t like that the risers only provide extra support on the sides.
- PREMIUM STEP PLATFORM - Features a compact non-slip surface. Safely transfer from step to step with ease. The slip-resistant base provides a shock absorbing workout experience for low and high impact workouts.
- EASILY ADJUST WORKOUT INTENSITY - Quickly increase or decrease the intensity of your workout by simply adjusting the platform height. 2 included risers provide the ability to change from 4in to 6in. Perfect for any fitness level.
- HIGH-DENSITY POLYETHYLENE - Expect a high-quality product constructed of recyclable high-density polyethylene. Supporting up to 440 pounds of weight. Providing strength and durability for years to come. Perfect for indoor or outdoor use.
- PERFORM MULTIPLE WORKOUTS - Your new step platform can be used to perform various different workouts in addition to all of your step routines. Combine it with other fitness tools for added fat burning. The perfect gym accessory for your home!
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: At Day 1 Fitness, we pride ourselves in providing exceptional products to fit your health and fitness goals. If you are not 100% satisfied with our stepper, return it within 30 days for a full refund. No questions asked.
For those who need an ultra-portable set, try The Step Home Gym Workout System, which measures a mere 26 inches long and only 11 inches wide. Without the additional risers, it measures 4 inches tall and with the extras, 6 inches tall. The extra risers store on the underside of the platform and then lock into place for even more advantage.
The top does not come with a non-slip rubber, so you will need to wear gripping shoes or socks when working out. It does, however, have a waffled texture on top to assist with gripping. Like most aerobic platforms, this one is made of high-density polyethylene and can hold up to 300 pounds.
As it’s so small and the risers store in the unit itself, you can easily stick this platform in a closet, a shelf, or even in your car. Use this shock-absorbing platform for several types of workouts, including aerobics, pilates, push-ups, and so much more. Although if you are short, you can use it for other reasons too!
Furthermore, you may need to put a mat under the platform to prevent it from slipping around. A few customers found the unit flimsy, but the majority of customers were highly impressed by the platform. It certainly offers a great value, especially if you are on the go often or don’t have a dedicated room for working out and need to store the platform.
- Offers ample workout options – perfect for both cardio and strength training
- Adjustable risers challenge workout by increasing platform height from 4" to 6"
- Shock absorbing, non-stick, non-slip platform supports over 400 pounds
- Platform and risers lock together for lightweight, easy to carry transportability
- Perfect for daily gym, home or office use with compact dimensions of 26” L x 11” W x 4” H ”
If I remember correctly, Reebok was one of the big brands from the 80s, making home aerobics cool. Now, they are still in the game with the Reebok Original Aerobic Stepper. It’s time to pull out your pastel leggings, fuchsia bodysuit, scrunchy socks, and get to work! What makes this stepper absolutely amazing is the legs come built-in, and you can just pull them out to make the stepper higher or lower with two different positions.
A non-slip workout surface adds to the value of the platform along with gripper bubbles that are comfortable for hands and feet without hurting but still absorbing shock impact. When you are done your workout, fold the legs in to store in the closet or under the bed.
Mind you, the price for the original stepper is higher than some of the other brands, but you don’t have to store the extensions separately, and it has every feature you could possibly want. Adjust the height to 5.9 inches, 7.87 inches, and 9.8 inches for short, medium, or tall people or for a harder workout. The unit measures 40 inches long, 15.2 inches wide, which is plenty of space for any movement you want to do or try.
You could not find a better stepper than the original though some people may want one either shorter or longer depending on their needs. A few customers said the height adjustments stick a little but otherwise no complaints at all. It is excellent for physical therapy and workouts with superb stability and durability.
- Adjustable to 3 different heights 6, 8, or 10 inch
- Versatile piece of equipment is a must have
- Non slip workout surface
- Compact storage
For around the same price as the one above, The Step Original Aerobic Platform provides a versatile platform. If you have a dedicated workout space in your home, this is the best option for you. Also, you get a color choice here, either gray or teal, which may help with decor. Each set comes with two extra risers that add an additional two inches each for a total of 8 inches in height.
The unit measures 43 inches long and 16 wide, so even a man with size 13 shoes can use this board with plenty of space to step up and down rapidly. It’s made of high-density polyethylene, and the top has a premium non-slip, comfort cushion that supports up to 350 pounds. With a small textured pattern on the top, you can use both hands and feet to work out depending on what workout you want to do.
Furthermore, the risers are non-skid, so you can use them even on hardwood floors without sliding or scratching. Also, the risers stack on top of each other and lock into place with unique built-ins. Though, you don’t have to use the risers as you can start at just four inches if you are a newbie to aerobics. The Step brand makes several sizes, so if you like this brand, you can go smaller too.
In conclusion, this is a great option for a dedicated space, but if you need a portable platform for aerobics, this is not the best option. A few customers complained about the sturdiness of the unit for people over 200 pounds. Finally, you have to set up the unit your self which makes no sense based on the price.
- Made in the United States from durable, recyclable high-density polyethylene.
- Includes full-size (43” L x 16” W x 4” H) grey aerobic platform and 4 original black risers.
- Platform features premium nonslip, comfort cushion top and supports up to 350 lbs.
- Four nonskid feet on each riser and platform prevents sliding or scratching floors.
- Vary workout difficulty by adjusting platform height from 4” to 6” to 8” using risers.
If space is an issue for you, the super-compact platform by Escape will work for you but notice the shape is entirely different than all of the other options. The whole stepper measure just 17.5 around and 4.5 inches high. While you can use it for both feet, it would work better for a single foot at a time for HIIT (high-intensity interval training) workouts or aerobic stepping. Each additional riser adds about two inches.
You can buy a single green and black target stepper or buy a pack of 2 to 5 for more options for stacking for taller people or more intensity. That’s not all the options either, the risers lock into place, and you can even use them with an exercise rope with dedicated grooves. Escape makes a few other add-ons, too, for an improved workout.
The risers can stack on top of each other, or you can space them around for a more intense workout with more movement. Grippers on the top keep feet stable, and a target in the center sets a goal to keep you working your best. Go multi-directional or keep it simple and when you are done, store the smaller risers under your bed, or in a closet.
Moreover, the risers come with rubber around the bottom in just the right spot to provide cushion and prevent scratching your floors while also adding for a little pushdown action. Find some videos on how to use the risers in dozens of combinations on the company Youtube channel for more options. Now get moving!
- MULTI-DIRECTIONAL MOVES: Workout platform offers multi-directional step routines with one-of-a-kind octagonal shape
- SAFE FOR YOU AND YOUR FLOOR: Anti-slip and shock absorbing thermoplastic rubber feet prevent the riser from slipping during tough workouts
- RESISTANCE EXERCISES: Top surface mat offers varying degrees of resistance for different types of exercises
- SAFETY TARGETS: Anatomic targets guide hands and feet to optimal positioning for maximum safety and stability
- EASY STORAGE: Easy to store and transport with compact design
The Aduro Sports Aerobic Exercise Step Deck comes in at an extremely reasonable price and on the small side at 27 inches long and 11 inches wide, which is just the right size for some people. If space is limited, a smaller platform means less space taken up in your house. Add in a set of risers, and you can raise the height from 4 inches up to four or six inches for your perfect workout.
Using high-quality ABS material means you get a textured, non-slip surface that can support up to 550 pounds. This means anyone can use it for cardio, aerobics, low or high impact workouts, or even HIIT workouts. The riser comes with a lifetime limited warranty too.
A diamond-textured top keeps your feet stable even when jumping all over the place. Don’t worry about slipping around with rubber feet on the bottom for support. The additional risers do not attach to the inside and may not store as nicely but will still fit where you need it, just be sure not to lose the risers!
Finally, this set comes with a workout guide included to help you get started planning your workout routine. The risers can cause a little trouble to get off once you get them on, and the platform may be a bit narrow for bigger feet to use comfortably.
- Aduro Sport aerobic step exercise fitness equipment comes with 27" x 11" wide platform and a set of risers to adjust height between 4" and 6"
- This workout step made with high-quality ABS material features a textured, non-slip surface and supports up to 550 lbs weight
- Aduro Sport stepper is ideal for cardio workout, fitness, low and high impact; challenge your workout with two adjustable height
- Use this exercise steps and risers to tone your legs and arms, or strengthen your core; exercise with it at home, work or gym
- Backed by Aduro Sport Lifetime Limited Warranty and friendly US customer service, buy this Aerobic Step with confidence
For a mid-range price, the Best Choice Platform offers a great value and workout. If you want an exercise platform like you would use at the gym, this is an excellent choice as it has all the right options. Pick from three different heights, including with 4 inches, 6 inches, or 8 inches for all levels or people. The board measures 43 inches long and 16 inches wide for plenty of space.
Next, this platform is a little heavy at 18.7 pounds with the extra risers, but it can hold up to 500 pounds meaning anyone can take the opportunity to work out and improve their body and life. A textured, grooved top allows for stability when working out whether using your hands or your feet.
Furthermore, rubber on the bottom keeps the platform from moving around even with the risers added on. Customers find the board to be very stable though the risers don’t lock into place. A few were quite surprised at the size of the platform!
- VERSATILE WORKOUTS: Execute every exercise with ease from total-body workouts with additional weights to intense HIIT, cardio, and plyometric training
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: Challenge your limits and gain strength by utilizng the adjustable platform heights between 4, 6, and 8 inches
- BUILT-TO-LAST: A combination of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) and poly (EVA) materials give the equipment strength and durability for repeated usage
- STABLE NON-SLIP SURFACE: Maintain balance and support every jump, step, and lunge with a non-slip surface top and 4 nonskid feet on every riser
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 43"(L) x 16"(W) x 4"(Thick); Weight capacity: 500 lbs.
Another mid-range option with some excellent benefits comes from the Stamina Aerobic Step Platform. It’s a two-level stepper with standard height adjustments of either four or six inches, and you can use it flat or at an incline to increase your workout and your strength. The best part, it’s one solid piece with no assembly required besides adding or removing the risers.
Even better, it comes in frustration-free packaging because no one wants to deal with annoying boxes. You also get a workout DVD and a guide to go along with the 90-day warranty in case you encounter any issues. Though most customers love this platform with only a few complaints with the chief complaint being the risers, do not lock into place on the baseboard.
The platform comes made of PVC with a diamond texture for gripping on the top. It’s a smaller platform meant for home use, so it only measures 27 inches long and 14 inches wide. It’s certainly easy to carry around at only 7 pounds, add in the smaller size, and you have an easy to store piece of exercise equipment for people.
- Two-level aerobic step for cardiovascular and strength training
- Four and six-inch height levels; use flat or at an incline
- Textured, slip resistant top
- PVC construction; no assembly required
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
If you want the most options possible, try the Aerobic Stepper by One Strong Southern Girl. It works as a weight bench too and comes with not one, not two, but three sets of risers. Each riser adds two inches to the four-inch base for a total possible ten inches of height, which is two inches higher than the other options on the list. Mind you though, this is one of the highest-priced options on the list.
The base measures 43 inches long and 16 inches wide, which is tons of space. One of the best advantages, though, is the risers are wider taking up more space under the mainboard for more stability and durability. Because a woman made the set, it comes with two color options, either blue or purple, both paired with dark gray. The top comes with a thick layer of lined gripper material to keep you from slipping and sliding around.
With the extra two inches of space, you can use this platform for sitting on and work on your weight lifting, as well as your cardio, aerobics, and other forms of exercise. Another great feature is the stepper was crafted from solid recyclable high-density polyethylene, which helps the environment too. Non-skid rubber on the bottom of each platform and riser to keep you from slipping and sliding as that’s not part of your workout routine!
Last of all, the platform and risers can safely support up to 300 pounds and made to work for hand or step exercises. The set weighs 25 pounds, meaning it’s definitely strong enough to handle what your workouts. Though, note the risers do not lock into place but sit on top of each other snugly and may not work for everyone.
- Get a FULL SIZED high-quality exercise step for your next workout. A full-sized aerobic stepper is a BIG, SAFE TARGET FOR YOUR FEET and offers TOTAL SUPPORT FROM HEAD TO GLUTES FOR EXERCISES ON YOUR BACK.
- This aerobics step platform is a 43 inch professional length, 16 inch width. The height can be 4, 6 or 8 inches (10 inches with the NEW EXPANDED SETS) so that you can easily vary the intensity and style of your step workout. *The EXPANDED SETS have 2 additional risers.*
- This workout step is the IDEAL SIZE for every fitness style you can think of--body pump, Plyo exercises, step aerobics (like Cathe step aerobics) and weight bench exercises.
- The exercise stepper is crafted of solid recyclable high-density polyethylene with non-skid rubber under each platform and every riser to protect floors and stay in place. Our fitness step supports up to 300 lbs.
- The soft surface of our aerobic step is not only safe but gentle on hands and back when using the exercise bench to sculpt and tone.
Answers To Common Questions About Aerobic Step Platforms
I’m short, can I still use a stepper?
Yes! Anyone can do aerobic exercise platform because one of the benefits is you can adjust the height. Shorter people won’t need as many risers to jump up, which saves you a little money. Don’t let this steer you away from buying one with extra risers. At some point, you may want to up your game and add in more intensity to your workout later.
What body parts will an aerobic step platform help me to work out?
Aerobics works out mainly your legs and butt, however, if you add in some weights and you will feel the effects all over your entire body. The best workout, though from aerobics, is for your heart, muscles, and bones. You will also improve your balance and your flexibility, which helps you age better too.
If you don’t know which workouts to try, pick one of the options above that comes with a workout guide, DVD, or videos to help you get started. The benefits of aerobics are endless for you, and the right platform can make it easier, but without knowing what to do, you have a glorified bench taking up space in your house.
Here is a good YouTube video demonstrating a higher intensity aerobic step workout:
Should I wear shoes or gripper socks with a step platform?
Both shoes and gripper socks would be a better option than barefoot, but sneakers are better. They come with grippers and ready for impact to take away shock when jumping and stepping. If you don’t like working out in sneakers, then definitely use gripper socks to prevent falling.
Wrapping Up the Best Aerobic Step Platforms
Aerobic step platforms help you to work out and improve your heart, weight, and flexibility, bones, muscles, and more, but first, you need the right stepper. We narrowed down the choices for you, but if you want the list even shorter than pick the One Strong Southern Girl Aerobic Stepper. It has all the features you need and even has a couple of extra risers to help you get your aerobic moves on for a low-impact work out to get you into shape.