Top Women’s Running Shoes for Supination Reviewed
Supination is a condition that happens when the runner places the weight outside of the foot.
Excessive supination can lead to many kinds of issues with the alignment of the body. So its very important for women to get the best running shoes for supination if they want to avoid injuring themselves when running.
It also leads pain in the feet, hips, and back. The length of the leg, the width of the foot, the stability of ankle and the shape of the arch of the foot also increase the chances of supination.
The soft tissues of the foot will not feel comfortable wearing the shoes. Walking on the flat and hard floor will become difficult as you are wearing tight and rigid shoes. It is the reason; you must support the feet by wearing the right kind of shoes that are designed for supination.
Best Women’s Running Shoes for Supination
While there are a number of shoes out there that claim to help women who put too much weight on the outside of their feet when they walk or run, these are our picks for the best women’s running shoes for supination:
The first shoes that fall into the category of best shoes for supination is New Balance WT410v5 Trial Running shoe. The shoes are famous for maintaining alignment and continuous comfort for the feet. It provides the support that the feet need in the condition of pain in the feet.
One of the benefits of the WT410V5 is the absorbing properties of shoes take shocks and maintain flexibility. The shoe is very supportive because of the special kind of midsole and outsole made for the better position of the feet.
These are also very comfortable shoes. They are made of leather and mesh that make is breathable for the feet. The product is imported and has a rubber sole that supports the arch of the feet.
The Acteva midsole keeps the feet in balance, which helps with supination. The overall weight of the shoes is 348 grams with AT tread outsole, and injection melded Ethyl Vinyl Acetate shoes PU Sockliner.
You do want to be sure of your sizing with this shoe, as some reviewers mentioned they run small. Beyond that, most owners are quite happy with both the quality and performance of the WT410V5.
- ACTEVA midsole
- AT Tread outsole
- NB response 2.0 performance insert
Another excellent choice for running shoes that a person can wear during supination is Brooks Ghost 11 Running Shoes. These shoes utilize high energized foam that absorbs the shocks during the entire day. The natural support system of the shoes proves very good in helping with supination.
The alignment of the shoes makes it easy for the feet to stay in one position that reduces the negative effects of supination. And they are very comfortable because of its soft and padded shoe tongue and band. An added bonus is your ankle stays comfortable thanks to the strong support from the Ghost 11.
The surface of the shoes is also versatile, and resists stain and wear. They are available in a variety of attractive color combinations.
The shoes are very lightweight, thanks to their synthetic overlays and soft fabric lining. And their cushioned design ensure your feet receive the maximum support when you run.
The shoes provide mild to high support for the feet’s arch. The upper mesh makes the feet breathe easily, and the eco-friendly material keeps the feet in a good environment. The firm midsole provides balance for the feet, and the flexible upper part of the shoe makes it easy to walk.
The shoes are narrow from the toe that makes it difficult for feet with a larger big toe. For people with flat feet they can be uncomfortable because of their high arch.
- SHOE SIZE: "B" = Medium width, "D" = Wide width
- FOOT SUPPORT: Ideal for runners with a medium to high arch looking for neutral support.
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability—yet it feels lighter than ever.
- SMOOTH, STABLE RIDE: The Segmented Crash Pad is designed to adapt to each foot fall, so no matter how your foot lands, you’ll enjoy the smoothest ride possible.
- SOFT, SECURE FIT: The newly engineered mesh upper practically disappears on foot with strategically placed stretch and structure where you need it most.
For starters, the EVA midsole makes the shoes more supportive and increases its flexibility. The foam used in the Micro G is very high quality, and is exceptionally comfortable to wear.
The shoes are made of leather, rubber, and textile that combine for maximum performance as a walking shoe. The upper layer of the shoe is very light, thanks to the supportive foam used by Under Armour, while the lower layer is made from mesh that lets your feet breathe. The midsole is made from a durable material that helps keep your foot’s positioning optimal to avoid supination.
The Micro G Assert 6 is a very durable shoe, due to the rubber outsole. This lightweight material also provides excellent traction.
The Micro G Foam of the shoes makes it easy for the foot to stay in comfort. The company has used EVA shock liner in a full length for giving more comfort to the foot. It provides maximum protection for feet because of its foam that is supportive enough with its mesh on the upper side.
The downfall of the product is the toe crunching and the ear in the sole.
- Upper uses light, supportive foam underneath a soft layer of breathable mesh
- Durable leather overlays for stability that locks in your midfoot
- Full-length EVA sock liner for added comfort & a custom fit
- Full-length Micro GÂ foam turns cushioned landings into explosive takeoffs
- Strategically placed rubber traction covers high impact zones for greater durability with less weight
The Brooks Glycerin 16 is a pair of shoes made with a comfortable cushion to provide maximum support to the person wearing it. Brooks makes versions for both men and women, although there are subtle differences between the two.
The Glycerin 16 has a built-in crash pad that absorbs much of the shock from running. The rubber sole of this shoe is durable and offers good traction on a variety of surfaces, while the synthetic and mesh uppers are lightweight and encourage your feet to breathe.
The tongue and collar of the Glycerin 16 is very plush and comfortable. And the contoured foam inserts of the shoe can be removed if necessary. They provide for excellent support, helping aid against problems from supination. Instead they distribute the pressure evenly across your foot.
- The shoes have maximum cushioning provide a softer feeling for the feet.
- The DNA midsole and segmented crash pad increase its softness inside for the feet to stay in comfort.
- The shoes have right alignment for a better position of the feet.
- It provides ideal pressure zone for the feet.
It has thread wears and deep imprints.
- SHOE SIZE: “B” = Medium width, “D” = Wide width
- FOOT SUPPORT: Ideal for runners with a medium to high arch looking for neutral support.
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: Brooks brand-new DNA LOFT cushioning is engineered to provide a luxurious feeling underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability.
- BREATHABLE: The new Double Jacquard Mesh is engineered for strategic breathability, flexibility, and structure.
- PLUSH FIT: The plush feel of an internal stretch bootie surrounds your foot and moves and expands with your stride. The new, engineered mesh upper and 3D Fit Print technology only enhance the fit.
The last product in our buyers guide of women’s running shoes for supination is the ACICS Gel Exite. These are very stylish shoes, as well as quite comfortable, which means you are more likely to wear them on a regular basis. That means you can get excellent support in both exercise and every day situations.
The gel in the Excite’s works as a shock absorber, protecting your feet from excessive impact. The outer soles are tough and durable, and give you good traction when you walk or run.
On the inside the Excite’s provide incredible arch support, while remaining lightweight and flexible. This makes them comfortable to wear – even without socks. And the medium-density EVA midsole works well to absorb shocks and reduce the stress on your foot’s arch.
- It has a rear gel and EVA midsole.
- The soft plush material and removable insole provide the right cushioning for your feet.
Some people mentioned that the reflection strip can loosen after a lot of use.
- Cushioning: Maximum cushioning. Surface: Road. Differential: Not provided. Breathable mesh upper with synthetic leather overlays for structural support. Traditional lace-up closure. Plush tongue and collar for a more comfortable fit. Mesh lining for a breathable wear. Removable foam insole supplies light underfoot cushioning. AmpliFoam midsole is engineered to maintain durability at softer densities, providing better flexibility, comfort, and platform adaptability ideal for natural runn
- Please click here for more information about ASICS Running Technology.
- Run your best every day with the lightweight yet durable design and outstanding support of the ASICS Gel-Excite 6 running shoe!
- Predecessor: Gel-Excite 4.
- Support Type: Neutral to underpronation (supination).
Here is a good YouTube video that answers some common questions about supination for runners:
What to Look for in Running Shoes for Supination
Considering the weight of the shoes is the first element of selecting the right pair. Heavier shoes use more energy by the feet that mean there is more stress on them. It is necessary that the shoes are lightweight and have the less cushioning that supports the position of your feet. The pair of shoes must be a comfortable fit where it can enable you to run hundreds of miles.
Less cushioning can help you run faster over the long distances.
Right Drop of Shoes
The next important element of the shoes is the shoe-drop because lower drop means less heel striking. The minimalist designs are now very famous as they have zero drops of shoes. You can also choose any of the shoes with fewer drops than 6mm.
Cushioning is very important because it gives impact absorption to the shoe. It must have fewer cushions so you can have a good experience walking or running while wearing the shoes.
Another important point is trying the shoes and not trusting on people. You can review the products by talking to the company or seeing the features online. The running shoes must provide enough stability and support for the shoes. It must stay durable for a longer term with normal arches. The arches should not be very high or low as these points can cause Supination. The motion control shoes are not good for you as they are stiffer than the other shoes. However, stability shoes are not like that because they are made for the natural condition of the foot. You can also analyze your feet at the technical store of running shoes for selecting the right kind of shoes.
It is equally necessary for the shoes to be suitable for speed work with enough softness. Handling the long runs is another feature that you should find in the shoe. The shoes with double sole are also very good for feet as they are based on the design and body weight. There are many companies who are providing best shoes. It must allow you to run in an easy way for a half-marathon race. It must not change the shape of the feet. The treads must be reshaped and small spreading on sides. It should have small notches for increasing flexibility.
Comfort comes with the ability of feet to breathe easily within the shoes. The shoes must appropriately let your feet breath because of the right kind of materials used in it. Maximum ventilation can reduce the chances of blisters and discomfort. It is the reason; you must ask the shopkeeper whether the shoes have the feature or not.
Size of Shoes
Select the shoes that are suitable for you’re the size of your feet because once the shoes fit well, then you will have not more problems. If your feet are wide, then buy the shoes with increased width and avoid buying tight shoes.
Now if the shoes have all the features, but still they do not function well, then all your money and effort will be wasted. It is the reason; you must speak with the shopkeeper for knowing whether the shoes work in the best way for you or not.
The most important features among all the above-mentioned products are the quality of being durable. The common shoes easily are worn out towards the outer edges that mean there is a need for replacing the shoes with new. You must purchase the product that will be durable and meshed. Using the shoes with synthetic overlays can give you the support you want after wearing the shoes. You can further investigate whether the shoes have dual density midsole and the right rubber carbon that create durability.