Top Running Compression Socks For Men And Women Reviewed
Compression socks have been around for years, but the stigma connected to wearing them outweighed the benefits.
As more and more physically active people understand the purpose and value, the more popular these socks have become, especially for runners.
If you’ve decided to shake the stigma and try out your first pair of compression socks, then we’ve compiled the information you need to get started.
The Benefits of Compression Socks
Some would say the benefits of compression socks are arguable. But those who use them with conviction ascertain that these socks provide protection that reduce and prevent swelling for runners and others that are on their feet all day.
Today’s compression socks are not just for use by those with chronic medical conditions or surgery patients. Many runners find that the socks improve blood circulation, help with muscle aches and pains and provide a degree of warmth on those colder days.
Some runners claim that these socks present an added level of protect from scrapes, scratches and insect bites encountered in a variety of outdoor running paths and trails. Plus, after a long run, compression socks aid in muscle recovery.
We review each of the socks in our running compression socks buyers guide below, but for those of you in a hurry, here are our top selections:
From mild to moderate, firm and heavy, compression levels built into these socks provide different levels of protection and relief. For a mild compression in the 8-15 mmHg range, expect relief from tired aching feet and legs.
A moderate compression pressure of 15 – 20 mmHg is good for long term travel and for the alleviation of pain from varicose veins. This level of compression is also helpful in reducing swelling in in ankles, feet and legs.
A firm compression pressure in the range of 20-30 mmHg is good for runners. This firm level of pressures helps with blood circulation during running and is enough to support muscles. If you think you need a heavy level of compression, it is best to consult with a medical professional before use.
Top Characteristics of Compression Socks for Runners
Good compression socks are made of light weight, durable fabrics. In spite of being light weight, the best socks offer gradual compression, starting with the feet and slowly moving up the leg. The standard compression pressure for runners is in the 20-30 mmHg pressure range. Ideally, good compression socks will also offer a 360 degree knit construction that provides a consistent, powerful pressure all around.
The best socks do what they are designed to do in that they provide for less muscle fatigue, improved blood circulation, supports muscles and aid in preventing injuries or pain from ailments such as shin splints. In terms of materials of construction, the allowance of increased airflow and moisture management is a must. Look for fabric that consists of a blend of nylon, Lycra, spandex and cotton. Above all, look for comfort and a good fit.
Best Running Compression Socks
After looking through the various brands available, here are our picks for the best compression socks for runners:
With the graduated compression technology, the compression starts at the ankle and works up the leg gradually, providing the support and protection that runners need. These socks are especially rugged, and perfect for people thinking of participating in a Spartan race or a Tough Mudder run.
In this package comes one pair of compression socks made out of a blend of nylon, polyester, and spandex. This unique blend offers comfort and compression while still retaining maximum moisture wicking ability. The socks are knee-high, so they provide optimal leg compression.
While these are just socks, verified Amazon buyers tend to rave about them as they are much more than that. With an over 80% 5-star rating, these compression socks are the best available for those who are using them for running.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - Our premium compression running socks are made so well that we guarntee you will be completely satisfied with them. They're built tough in the USA for men and women competing in outdoor performance sports like Spartan Race and Tough Mudder, but comfortable for hiking, climbing, rucking and all-day wear by military, police and rescue workers, nurses, and other everyday warriors. Knee high with padded calf.
- SUPER COMFORTABLE - Built to provide comfort, wick water better than wool, and prevent blisters over long miles. These compression running socks are built to last.
- TRUE GRADUATED COMPRESSION - Reduce muscle fatigue and boost circulation. Performance grade rated at 15-20 mmhg and often used for medical support and relief.
- SPEEDS RECOVERY - Stabilize muscles and recover faster. Padded toe box, over and under. Armor up for all competition. Also excellent for soccer, motorcross, ski, and hockey.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Conquer obstacles with MudGear.
Made for use by men and women, these compression socks are a favorite because they are very light, a characteristic favorable for runners. The fabric is a nylon and Lycra blend, which is breathable and comfortable for long runs or walks.
Like the MudGear socks, these are knee high, which provide more compression than ankle socks. These socks also offer relief from shin splints and discomfort in the calf and lower leg.
While not as highly rated as our top choice, the company does stand behind their product. The socks come with a money back guarantee, so there is no risk of being stuck with a bad product.
- POWERFUL COMPRESSION: Gradulated compression socks designed to prevent and relieve painful shin splints, calf & lower leg discomfort. Superior support to keep your legs feeling FRESH & ENERGIZED.
- EXTREME BREATHABILITY: Made with ultralight, breathable materials (nylon & lycra blend). These leg compression socks will keep you warm and comfortable during long days. Perfect for running, hiking, exercising, nurses, long work days, etc.
- IMPROVE 3X CIRCULATION: Engineered compression technology used to boost circulation and achieve healthy blood flow. Developed to rapidly speed up muscle recovery and reduce fatigue.
- OPTIMAL SIZING: These compression leg socks are perfectly sized for men and women (please view chart on the right).
- 100% BETTER THAN MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If for any reason you don't absolutely love your Endurance Shield 360 compression sleeves, just return them and we'll refund every single penny or send you a replacement! This is our iron-clad, best promise in the industry guarantee!
These compression socks are colorful, comfortable and fully supportive of the athlete and runner. Built to increase circulation and for faster recovery after workouts. The socks are of made of machine washable nylon, Lycra and spandex and come with a money back guarantee.
As opposed to the previous two products that only came with one pair, this package comes with 8 pairs. Therefore you are really getting a better value for your money. Serious runners will need more than one pair of socks anyway, unless they want to do laundry every day.
These socks offer great compression at 15-20 mmHg compression. Also interesting is the copper embedded fibers that are claimed to be able to pull electricity from the body, accelerating healing time.
As if those features were not enough, the socks provide a UPF 50+ protection. This will keep your legs from burning in the sun and decrease the amount of sun-block you have to use.
- COMPRESSION SOCKS - 8 pairs of quality socks with unique color combination. The pack of seven is perfect for a whole week without having to worry about daily wash. We spend so much time on our feet yet tend to neglect our feet/legs. Why settle for anything less than fast relief at a great value? And while you are at it, grab a few pairs for your family, friends, or loved ones as a gift that is functional and beneficial to their health!
- TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCE - Through our socks, we are extending its natural property to rejuvenate blood circulation through your legs through copper fibers capable reviving blood circulation along with providing a 15-20 mmHg compression. Best Copper embedded fibers pulls the electricity from your body to relieve your pain and allows you to heal.
- THERMAL STABILIZER - Breathable high performance fabric keeps an optimal temperature. Anti-Itch UPF 50+ material, it's ergonomically designed for full range of motion, superior comfort and mobility without chafing & irritating.
- PROVIDE ENOUGH SUPPORT FOR YOUR LEGS AND FEET - soreness and cramps or improve athletic performance. Breathable fabric wicks moisture away from your skin to ensure you feel fresh and comfortable.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUANRANTEE - Finest product and service around, or your MONEY BACK! A veritable necessity for anyone working long-hours standing on their feet, or those heavily invested in athletics and a fitness lifestyle. Also a great gift choice for joggers, athletes, workout fan.
These socks are great for a variety of activities from running to hiking, golf and tennis. The ankle high design is perfect for people who need the benefits of compression socks, but don’t want to wear a pair that covers their entire calf. The socks also provide comfortable support and protective padding. The material used is light, form fitting and breathable.
They offer a graduated compression, which is important in keeping the blood flowing properly.
High quality is evident in these socks as they offer a “361-degree stretch” and retain their shape well after washing.
For those style-conscious runners, these socks come in 18 different color combinations, so you can mix and match with your running outfits perfectly.
Like some of the others, these socks come with a money back guarantee.
- ANKLE COMPRESSION SOCKS- BlueMaple¡¯s newest fashionable ankle compression socks tackles targeted compression zones providing varying levels of comfort and relief. These socks are great sporty alternative while retaining the benefits of compression,You can wear this socks as a fashion statement while benefiting from the proven medical study on benefits of compression socks which helps in improved blood circulation and heals muscle strains.
- TECHNOLOGY ¨C Our compression socks provide superior relief of plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, ankle/arch support and foot pain.The compression support spreads evenly mid foot heel to ankle & won't squeeze your aching toe joints. Better oxygen circulation helps reduce lactic acid buildup and aids muscle recovery in ankle and feet. Can be worn after strenuous activity to help your feet recover & reduce swelling, soreness in the foot and ankle.your Feet will thank you.
- QUALITY AND DESIGN - Our compression socks carry designed delivering 361-degree stretch for greater flexibility and durability. provide comfort and a high degree of breathability through our leica fabric choice.Premium Quality stitching for Running, Working or Cycling, Easy to get on even though they are a compression sock! They Wash well without losing compression keeping all the Excellent vascular toning benefits.
- GRADUATED COMPRESSION (15-20 mmHg): Specific weaving texture buffers from impact on the footbed. Benefits for runners, basketball players, joggers, athletes, cross training, gym workouts, hiking, tennis, cycling, air travellers, traffic police or office workers on feet for long period of time.Unversal appeal : our socks are universally suitable for all work profiles including casual, sporting and adventurous endeavors.
- SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE ¨C Passion and customer obsession is our motto. So shop with 100% confidence, if you are not happy with the purchase for any reasons, contact us for an exchange or 100% refund with no questions asked.
We love these athletic compression socks because they are unisex and work for the runner as well as for the person whose job requires long term standing and walking. These jewels are latex free, smooth, comfortable and provide a good fit for men and women. The socks are made of breathable anti-bacteria, anti-static material, giving the user all day comfort.
These socks offer a graduated compression rated at 20 – 30 mmHg. This is the ideal compression for muscle recovery and circulation.
To sweeten the deal, this offering includes an E-book on tennis, for those who are planning on using these while playing the sport.
- GRADUATED COMPRESSION (20 - 30 mmHg) and FASTER MUSCLE RECOVER - Better Blood Circulation as strongest compression happens at the ankle, and gradually decreases moving up the leg. Better oxygen circulation helps reduce lactic acid build up and aids muscle recovery.
- BEST VALUE PACKAGE: You get a HIGH QUALITY pair of compression socks AND a BONUS E-BOOK (entitled "Let's Play Tennis") containing 10 Chapters of useful information on the game of Tennis. Suits tennis players looking to improve their techniques and those keen on picking up the game.
- COMFORTABLE FABRIC - Helps regulate temperature by keeping you warm when cold, and cool when hot.
- WICKS MOISTURE AWAY - The materials are breathable and wicks moisture away. This keeps you dry even with longer use.
- IDEAL FOR SPORTS and DAILY WEAR - Reduces muscle fatigue, especially if on your feet for long periods of time, traveling or all sports e.g. cross fit, skiing, running, hiking and more (SPECIAL REMINDER : Please refer to the size chart as shown in the images of the listing to select the suitable size to purchase)
Compression socks don’t have to be drab as is the case for this colorful brand, even in Argyle Blue. These are suitable for men and women runners and active sports enthusiasts. These socks reduce muscle strain and fatigue and are made with fabric that is anti-bacteria, odor and static for comfortable, longer use.
Probably the best looking socks in the lineup, the CompressionZ have a 20-30mmHg compression rating.
They are made of a cotton material, and have added silver fibers to add anti bacterial properties to these socks.
While most would use these for running, customers have gotten great results using them for occupational wear as nurses, for plantar fasciitis, and arthritis.
- FIRM MEDICAL GRADE COMPRESSION - 30-40 mmHG compression is ideal for those experiencing pain from deep vein thrombosis, chronic leg fatigue, severe swelling, and other medical conditions.
- IMPROVE BLOOD CIRCULATION - Compression keeps leg muscles and veins properly compressed to boost circulation to lower legs.
- COMFORTABLE FIT - Nylon spandex blend provides the ultimate in all day comfort. Sweat wicking, breathable fabric keeps legs dry while providing full range of motion for feet & legs. Neutral design for men or women.
- KNEE HIGH LENGTH - Socks cover shin and calf muscle for proper support. Cuff keeps sock in place throughout day and doesn't allow sock to fall down leg.
- NEW 2019 DESIGN - With a comfortable and less restricting fit. Whether you're in nursing, a diabetic, pregnant, traveling or just on your feet all day these socks keep feet and legs feeling great.
These high performance running socks provide great support. Made for men and women, this compression technology combines stability with compression performance in a low-cut design. For running, other sports and everyday use, these compression socks have a superior knit structure with all around stretch capability for the ultimate in flexibility and durability. They are especially beneficial for runners suffering from plantar fasciitis.
These socks are also infused with copper fibers, which theoretically removes electricity and speeds up healing time.
Customers seem to like these socks well enough, as they have over 70% 5-star ratings on Amazon. They are comfortable as well, with one purchaser claiming “They’re snug and hug your arch like a little cotton cloud.”
- NEW DESIGNED COPPER LOW CUT COMPRESSION SOCKS - Feel the immediate Comfort and remarkable design of your new Low Cut Running Compression Socks. They're easier and more convenient than knee high compression socks without compromising quality or Comfort. Premium Quality stitching for Running, Working or Cycling, Easy to get on even though they are compression socks!
- FASTER RECOVERY - As you might know Copper is a great conductor of electricity. Through our socks, we are extending its property to rejuvenate blood circulation through your legs through copper fibers capable reviving blood circulation along with providing a 8-15 mmHg compression.
- COMFORTABLE METERIAL AND CAREFUL CONSTRUCTION - Stay put Cuffs & Soothing feeling at the bottom and sides of foot, with no pinching seen with lesser quality socks without ankle support. Arch and Ankle Compression to relieve fatigue, Blister Control, Lightweight, Double Welt Top, Heel/Toe Design keeps feet comfortable and dry.
- FOUR SEASONS & ALL SPORTS- SOOVERKI sports socks are not too thick or too thin, warm in winter and breathable in summer. Professionally customized for all sports, mountain climbing, football, hiking, jogging, running, tennis, marathon, hockey, soccer, basketball, golf, cycling, etc. Ankle and crew length, simple style socks fit any everyday dressing for adults and teenagers.
- BUY IT WITH CONFIDENCE - Finest product and service guaranteed!!! Your satisfaction and good health is our top most priority. So shop with 100% confidence, if you are not happy with the purchase for any reasons, contact us for an exchange or 100% refund with no questions asked.
Benefits Of Compression Socks In Recovery
Here is an excellent YouTube video that explains how using compression socks when running can speed recovery times:
Compression socks can be great for runners and other active persons because they help relieve muscle strain and fatigue. If you choose to wear compression socks, look for comfortable, light weight socks that provide support and aid in blood circulation. If you have a medical reason for wearing these socks, consult your physician first.