The Top Adjustable Dumbbells Reviewed
Adjustable dumbbells let fitness enthusiasts add or remove weight to match their specific levels of physical conditioning. Beginning exercisers will likely get the best results from lightweight dumbbells. Choosing the appropriate weight makes it easier for beginners to develop strength without getting hurt or discouraged. Over time, they can add more weight to compensate for their increased strength.
Adjustable dumbbells are also useful for athletes and advanced exercisers. Having access to adjustable weights makes it easier for advanced users to reduce weight when performing difficult motions. They can then increase the weight when exercising larger muscle groups that have more power.
Dumbbell handles are typically made from textured chrome that helps sweaty hands keep tight grips. Weights are made from a variety of materials, including rubber, cement, and cast iron. Some people prefer weights made of certain materials, but very few people pay that much attention to it. They just want a reliable product that weighs the right amount.
Best Adjustable Dumbbells
Not all adjustable dumbbells come with the same features. This makes it important for consumers to review their options before buying products. The following best adjustable dumbbell reviews should help you decide which option matches your unique needs.
The CAP Barbell Dumbbell Set comes with everything beginning exercisers need to increase strength without getting hurt. The set comes with two ergonomic grip handles, four threaded collars, four five-pound plates, and four 2.5-pound weights. It even includes a plastic storage case for storing all of the equipment in a small, organized place. The plastic case also makes it easy to take the set with you while traveling.
As users get stronger, they may want to purchase additional plates for this adjustable dumbbell set. The option to make one dumbbell weigh up to 40 pounds, however, will keep most people busy for at least several months of practice. If you ever reach the point that you need more than 40 pounds, you shouldn’t feel bad about rewarding yourself with new equipment.
- What’s included 40 pound set includes 2 handles, 4 2.5 pound plates, 4 5 pound plates, 4 collars, and a plastic storage/carrying case
- Construction durable cast iron plates have a semi-gloss finish offers a rust and maintenance free product; Dumbbell handles are made from solid steel
- FEATURES: Set features ergonomic grips, comfortable handles, and rubber trimmed collars; Collars are threaded for a secure fit to handles
- VERSATILE: Dumbbells offer the ability to target specific muscle groups or get a full body workout
- FUNCTIONAL: Perfect for isolations, full body, functional, and HIIT workouts
The Bowflex SelectTech 66 Adjustable Dumbbells is one of the most compact weight systems you can buy. Each dumbbell in the pair has its saddle. To add or remove weight from the dumbbell, you just put the handle in its saddle and adjust the rotary control to determine how much weight you want to use. The system changes the weight for you, which makes it possible to switch between exercises quickly, so you get more from your workout.
This product is more expensive than the CAP Barbell set, but it comes with everything you could need. Each dumbbell adjusts from five pounds to 52.5 pounds. That’s variety makes the Bowflex SelectTech 552 useful for beginning and advanced exercisers. With these dumbbells, you don’t have to worry about adding new plates to your system.
- Each dumbbell adjusts from 5 to 52.5 pounds; adjusts in 2.5-pound increments up to the first 25 pounds
- Lets you rapidly switch from one exercise to the next
- Combines 15 sets of weights into one, using a unique dial system
- Eliminates the need for multiple dumbbells cluttering your workout space
- Two year warranty on weight plates and parts
The SportBlock Adjustable Dumbbell Set from Power Block has a similar design as the Bowflex dumbbells. Instead of adding or removing weights from the handle manually, you tell the dumbbell how much weight you need. It can adjust from three pounds to 24 pounds. This is a good option for beginning and intermediate lifters. Advanced lifters, however, may want more weight. Unfortunately, you cannot add extra plates to the Power Block dumbbell.
The PowerBlock set is incredibly compact. Each weight barely takes up more space than a shoebox. That should make it easy to keep your exercise equipment out of the way or well organized. The dumbbells come with a 10-year warranty, so expect to use them for at least a decade.
- Pair of adjustable dumbbell weights for efficient, cost-effective strength training
- Adjusts from 3 to 24 pounds in 3-pound increments (3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, and 24 pounds)
- Selector pin lets you change weights easily, just like with weight stack at the gym
- More compact and balanced than traditional dumbbells; padded handle for wrist protection. Welded solid steel construction. Powder-coated finish
- Offers maximum weight of 24 pounds per hand; limited 10-year warranty
The Yes3All Rubber Adjustable Dumbbells look more like traditional dumbbells than the SportBlock and Bowflex designs. The set comes with two chrome handles, four collars, and rubber plates that you can add to the handle. The amount of weight that you get, however, depends on which package you choose. Yes4All sells 40-pound, 52.5-pound, and 105-pound versions.
If you choose the 40-pound or 52.5-pound versions, you can save a little money, but you limit the amount of weight that you can use. Beginning and intermediate lifters shouldn’t have any problems using the lighter options. Once you outgrow them, though, you may need to buy a different set before you can challenge your muscles. Keep in mind that buying the 105-pound version doesn’t mean you have to start using heavy weights immediately. It just gives you more options so you can continue adding weight as you progress.
- SET OF 2 DUMBBELLS - 105 LBS TOTAL (52. 5 LBS EACH SIDE): TWO 16”x1. 15” handles, SIXTEEN 5-pound plates, FOUR 2. 5-pound plates, FOUR 1. 25-pound plates, FOUR collars handles, shipped in two packages.
- CAST IRON WEIGHT PLATES FIT 1. 15-INCH STANDARD BAR: Accommodate all standard 1. 15-inch handles. Durable cast iron plates covered with black paint finish preventing rust and corrosion for lifetime use
- 16-INCH DIAMOND KNURLED CHROME HANDLE: Constructed of high-quality, textured chrome handle for secure, firm, and non-slip grip
- STAR-LOCK COLLARS WITH LOOSE-RESISTANT RUBBER TRIMS: Threaded ends with star-lock collars provide a safe, secure workout & easy weight plate changes
- EASY USE & STORAGE: Take seconds to assemble and take out. Compact, convenient, and easy to use. All-for-one dumbbells eliminate the need for multiple dumbbells in your workout space.
Adjustable Dumbbell Workout Video
Here is a good video of a bodybuilding workout with adjustable dumbbells: